IGNORED

Warren Ellis vs. Warren Ellis

Guest acknowledgeandproceed

Guest acknowledgeandproceed

Okay, so there's this Warren Ellis:

Warren-Ellis.jpg

Then there's this one.

warren_ellis_203_203x152.jpg

One was born in England, the other Australia. Advantage: English Warren Ellis.

The former was born in 1968, the second in 1965. Advantage: Australian Warren Ellis.

One writes violent and hip futurist comic books like Planetary, The Authority, Black Summer, Doktor Sleepless, etc. for indie labels like Avatar after a stint at Marvel and Wildstorm (Image). The other was in The Dirty Three, the Bad Seeds and the Grindermen. Advantage: Australian Warren Ellis, through sheer force and quality of company kept.

One is good friends with Patton Oswalt, the other is good friends with Nick Cave. Draw.

One is at least partly responsible for the grinder culture proliferation online. The other had a hand in "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" and "The Road" soundtrack.

These guys have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

I was just looking for a way to get you guys talking about this image: blacksum0wrap.jpg

i liked planetary, authority, fell.. even red. but damn he did a lot of unreadable crap. ocean, ministry of space and his fucking blog full of teenage spastics rambling about their freshly knitted scarves with that godawful webcomic whatsitcalled "london is flooded and we have awesome powers and a garden on a roof" or sth.

the other one i don't know much about. he wasn't in birthday party was he? grinderman album is pretty much fun.

Guest cuntainer

dirty three are grand, and dont forget about the proposition soundtrack.

my vote goes to warren ellis.

Guest Z_B_Z

i choose the nick cave affiliated warren ellis. hes also a member of caves back up group the bad seeds and was a member of a pretty decent group called the dirty three. although i havent heard much by them.

Guest cuntainer

i think maybe i should fully read the posts before i comment on them.

haha i was tempted to reply to the previous post, but a lot of people get annoyed when people point out their mistakes so i held back.

if you haven't heard dirty three, i recommend them.

Archived