IGNORED

I'm a tecnodinosaur

Guest Franklin

Guest Franklin

I really don't want to ask one of those bestbuy "geeks" the following questions....

1. I drive in between patients all day long. Right now I use an old pen and paper calendar and task manager that I lug around. I'm thinking of getting a new phone and computer/cell based calendar system however as it might be easier. SO, if I get one of these new android phones will it be able to link to something like my thunderbird calendar?? I use thunderbird for my email and faxing so it seems easiest to use the calendar too. I use something else if it's better though---and if it works considering #2.

2. If I was to tap on the calendar to add an event/meeting is there any way to either auto-fill a contact name as I type or select from a list of my contacts so I dont have to type the whole name of the client out each time?? I have no idea if this exists.... really all I ever do is book sessions with clients so it would be sweet to just tap a time and scroll through the contact list to add the client name.

thanks dudes. I tried to post these on more techie websites like lifehacker and gizmodo but I couldn't even figure out how to ask a fucking question.

i fail at computers i know:(

Dunno about Thunderbird, but Google Calendar has apps on all the major smartphones that syncs (since it's web based to begin with).

Most smartphone apps do auto-fill, so it's a reasonable assumption that your contacts from your Address book or Phone list would populate it. I'd ask for an in-store demo or do a search for your desired smartphone's User Guide online to see if there are specific details and instructions on adding events, etc.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

I really don't want to ask one of those bestbuy "geeks" the following questions....

1. I drive in between patients all day long. Right now I use an old pen and paper calendar and task manager that I lug around. I'm thinking of getting a new phone and computer/cell based calendar system however as it might be easier. SO, if I get one of these new android phones will it be able to link to something like my thunderbird calendar?? I use thunderbird for my email and faxing so it seems easiest to use the calendar too. I use something else if it's better though---and if it works considering #2.

2. If I was to tap on the calendar to add an event/meeting is there any way to either auto-fill a contact name as I type or select from a list of my contacts so I dont have to type the whole name of the client out each time?? I have no idea if this exists.... really all I ever do is book sessions with clients so it would be sweet to just tap a time and scroll through the contact list to add the client name.

thunderbird is just an email client, no? you would have to check to see if whatever OS (android, iOS 4) was compatible with whatever sort of email server you are connecting to (POP, IMAP, Exchange), and that would probably also help you figure out how contacts syncing goes. likely if you have your clients all set up as contacts it would work as you are wanting it to.

You can add other clients to an event by tapping;) (needs a few taps, but youll get there) also you can choose whole groups or recently used.

But why not go to a store and try it out?

my galaxy s supports synch with outlook, don't know if thunderbird works too...But google calendar works no matter where you are

Archived