IGNORED

source code question

Guest jim

This could possibly be considered an ekt topic but I think it's better here.

http://recherche.ircam.fr/equipes/repmus/OpenMusic/download.html

I'm pretty retarded with computers but does that mean I can essentially remake the program as a .exe file by following the instructions and have it run as if I had bought it? (I would buy it but the current version on the ircam forum only runs on osx and i draw the line at shelling out for a macbook for one program)

yes "to compile" the source code, means building the program from its "recipe". You basically follow the steps described on this page and you should end up with a .exe.

Ok so I've done what it said, the "recipe" was a bit wrong, had to find certain files from elsewhere but nomatter. What does the 5th bullet point mean though?

"- Evaluate: (om::START-OPENMUSIC)"

that command basically tells the LISP interpreter (lispworks) to run openmusic (which you loaded into the interpreter in the previous step). so, launch lispworks and type that command.

So apparently I now need something called "delivery" which doesn't come with Lispworks Personal edition. Anyone fancy doing all this shit and... sending me the .exe? I'd paypal you like 20 quid or something... if it actually worked!

be more concise about this delivery thing. Post the exact error text here, and I might be able to help even-though i never used lisp (but will one day). Post a screenshot if necessary.

There's no error, it's just that the version of lispworks i used was a free one and therefore doesn't have the capability of "delivering" an executable file... I think.

There's no error, it's just that the version of lispworks i used was a free one and therefore doesn't have the capability of "delivering" an executable file... I think.

Youhave to find a free IDE (Integrated development environment) for lisp.

here is a list: http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/commonlisp.shtml

what he is actually trying to do is compile a new version of LISP with composition-related extensions built in (think built in #includes if you know C). so i suspect it will need to be the recommended interpeter, LISPworks.

Archived