IGNORED

If I were to write the music for Castlevania . . .

Guest gains

compositionally i like this track. it's got some cool ideas and use of harmony, but i have to be honest and say the sounds used kind of get distracting after a while. the timbres are a bit static and it becomes a bit glaring. i think the ideas and the composition are good, just maybe work on the production a bit. not sure what kit you're working with so it's possible you don't have the facilities, but just something i thought i'd point out.

overall, good stuff. =)

cheers,

c

++++ yeah great composition in soem parts, others were just mehhh, but the ones that were good, they were really good!!! I love the ORGANS!!!

------ the beats runin thiz track for me, it could be drumless i would liek it moer, haha

Guest gains

The sad fact is that I kept the drums cheese on purpose.

I had a rock drum kit going, but when I switched it to "disco," I burst out laughing.

This isn't really a "serious" track for me, that stuff is usually pretentious gloomy ambients so it was fun to just dick around and stick a bad rock beat on baroque like the good ol' NES.

Thanks for listening!

yeah man, what'd you write this on? if you used SoundFonts maybe you could make a version with the 'NES' and 'SNES' soundfonts to see what it would sound like as a 'classic' (maybe 4-channel?) track.

as VGM i can really hear it, although i think to sound truly Castlevania, you gotta use a shitload more diminished chords. it's all about the evil fuckin triad RAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!1

7/10 | encey

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gains

I think v.2.0 will go for the 16 bit instruments

I did this in Project 5, but with VSampler I can get the sound fonts in easy.

Archived