IGNORED

Question for those who make music

Guest southside jim

I usually have some ridiculous idea in my head which is pretty vivid but then realize I don't know how to make sound do that so I at least try to get down the parts I feel are essential

but I used to use a lot more sampling so back then it was a lot more figure it out as I go/restrict myself and try to bend/make the original sound sound as unfamiliar as I can. In general I tend to start with a part I think I can use as the backbone of the track and build up

lately I tend to start with a genre I want to do, it usually never ends sounding like the genre.

But when I'm finished programming a bassline, for example, I kind of already know what sounds I want on top of it. Then I fool around some more, until I get what I want.

fooling around a bit + trying to follow the direction of the material you already have on paper. Even though that sounds like a paradox perhaps.

Archived