IGNORED

The Fall - This Nation's Saving Grace (Omnibus Edition)

Caretstik

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

my only problem with these new reissues is the shape of the packaging. am i going to store this with my dvds?

hhm actually judging the by the descriptions of each cd maybe i don't need this.

putting the peel session on here is just rude. every fall fan has the peel session box. its frustrating to keep buying the same thing over and over

most likely i'll grab it for cd2

I agree, the inclusion of the Peel Sessions is unnecessary. At least 'The Wonderful and Frightening World Of...' included radio sessions from elsewhere and a live CD.

Classic album, looks like an interesting set too.

I love this album, always a toss-up for my favourite Fall between this, Perverted By Language and Hex Enduction Hour. Had a listen on Spotify and some of the rough mixes sound pretty good. Interesting to see a version of 'Edie' on there, I loved that record back in the day.

saving grace is definitely a good fall album - one of their best but i don't think it comes close to the greatness of perverted by language

its less listenable again and again and again. or maybe its the reissue i have with the different order which i have overlistened.

and yeah radio sessions they seem to do lots of these and not just for peel - how about giving us some other ones?

Got this today. Still only on the original album, but it was worth the £18 (had to resort to buying from HMV) just for the mini reproduction of the original gatefold sleeve. This really is a fucking great Fall album, ranges from their ace grasp of pop (L.A., Spoilt Victorian Child) to their slightly more spun-out stuff like Paintwork and What You Need. Plus only 6 of these tracks are Peel Sessions out of 28, so not too bad I suppose. Interested to hear the rough mixes, plus there's an extended Cruiser's Creek which I've never heard. I reckon there's a good chance of a Bend Sinister omnibus, already anticipating that.

Long live The Mighty Fall.

I reckon there's a good chance of a Bend Sinister omnibus, already anticipating that.

yeah that'd be nice.

Archived