IGNORED

learning math for electronics

Guest Helper ET

damn kids telling themselves they'll never need math(s)...

it's because it isn't taught properly in schools. kids need to know why they're going to need that knowledge.

One of the things i hate about standard education as i know it is that it's all about who can stay awake while you are endlessly dictated to. Whereas learning should be all about exploration because you effortlessly soak up 1000 times more when you are actually drawn towards something you are interested in. In school, kids will never realise why they need some knowledge because the way it is presented/thrown at them bears absolutely zero relevance to their life. It's like there's life on one side of the line and then there's school on the other.

The knowing of why you need certain knowledge just comes as a natural byproduct of the exploration of interests that comes naturally to virtually everyone.

seriously?

learn about boolean arithmetic and electronic components

then study the various logic gates and how to construct them out of those components (plenty of software simulators available)

then study k-maps, and as a result of those learn how to reduce a boolean expression to its most simple form

then study how to implement all of this on a breadboard and ultimately a circuit board

learn about multiplexers and demultiplexers

learn about integrated ICs featuring flip-flops (essential)

then try and find out a bit about arduinos and similar embedded controllers

at the same time, study some calculus

learn what integration is

eventually take it to the level where you can understand the basic fourier transform.

from there, take it to the level where you can understand fast fourier transforms and why the shortcuts involved work.

realistically?

toy with this idea for about ten minutes, don't bother putting in the time, and then retire to smoke more weed and salvia like you usually do.

promise to form a community in the mountains and live off the land because yknow this maths shit isn't important.

stretch an elastic band over a cigar box

twang it

make a thread titled 'i want to learn x, tell me about it'.

cf: previous ET classics like 'i want to make a game'.

I predict that one day ET will almost come up with an idea that one day might lead to cold fusion if he could ony get the funding.

realistically?

toy with this idea for about ten minutes, don't bother putting in the time, and then retire to smoke more weed and salvia like you usually do.

I wasn't gonna say but yeah what kaini said .....

seriously?

learn about boolean arithmetic and electronic components

then study the various logic gates and how to construct them out of those components (plenty of software simulators available)

then study k-maps, and as a result of those learn how to reduce a boolean expression to its most simple form

then study how to implement all of this on a breadboard and ultimately a circuit board

learn about multiplexers and demultiplexers

learn about integrated ICs featuring flip-flops (essential)

then try and find out a bit about arduinos and similar embedded controllers

at the same time, study some calculus

learn what integration is

eventually take it to the level where you can understand the basic fourier transform.

from there, take it to the level where you can understand fast fourier transforms and why the shortcuts involved work.

realistically?

promise to form a community in the mountains and live off the land because yknow this maths shit isn't important.

stretch an elastic band over a cigar box

twang it

That's redundant but yes to everything else.

Archived