IGNORED

Looking for some software

eugene

hi watmm, basically what i need is a software that does internet sharing over lan.

i have 2 pcs that are connected with an old school cross wired network cable and for some reason windows internet connection sharing stopped working properly, i get bombed with 31004 errors on the server pc: "The DNS proxy agent was unable to allocate 0 bytes of memory" and as a result the client pc stops resolving urls and stuff, the problem remained after reformatting both pcs.

the configuration is: server pc: win 7 x64, one network card for lan, another one (onboard) for cable modem + a vpn dialup to the isp - this is the connection i was sharing, this pc is always on so i have no reason to buy a router or something.

client pc: win xp 32, onboard network card for lan.

i suspect that the server pc network config is what makes windows ICS go mental but i don't want to switch to mpls, i like the option of changing ip with a single reconnect :spiteful:

what i use right now is a free proxy server app that works fine, but now the client pc has all of the disadvantages of using a proxy server: have to configure to every program, problems with p2p programs, some sites won't open, etc.

if i understand correctly, i need a program that will turn my server pc into a internet gateway server, with some minimal bandwaith control and monitoring. preferably a freeware but availability of a working dingus that makes unfree free is also fine.

im sure there are network admin l33thaxors in here that can help me..

Archived