IGNORED

Pets

TiffanyHalderman

You can get a Fennec Fox for about $500, apparently

688.jpg

NachmanBdayFennec5.jpg

fennec02_240.jpg

I want one of this pretty bad but I don't think it would like to live in an apartment.

What kind of pets can I have in an apartment? I have a cat and I really don't think he likes living here at all and he kind of mopes around during the day and then goes crazy and runs from one end of the living room to the other all night. I thought maybe he needs some companionship, animal companionship. What kind of pet could I have that could be friends with my cat?

Guest disparaissant

another cat. i had two cats in a small apartment and while i know it wasn't ideal, they probably did better with each other as company than they would have alone.

as far as weird pets go, some soviet mad scientist tamed a breed of silver fox over a period of about 50 years

http://www.sibfox.com/

they're really beautiful and apparently completely tame (unlike the fennec foxes, i would imagine) but i don't know the idea of keeping a fox as a pet seems weirdly unfair for some reason.

Guest disparaissant

i don't think anything enjoys living in an apartment unless it is free to leave unsupervised.

this really depends, in my experience. one of my two cats was totally indoors, all the way. i could leave the door open, and she'd show absolutely no interest in leaving, at all. the other, not so much.

yes one of my two cats (the girl) i believe is mentally challenged and has zero interest in leaving the house.

my male cat (the neighborhood lion) is the most successful killer I have ever seen. And neatest eater. On manners as well as sheer carnivorous skill, cats have dogs beat hands down.

could a ferret be friends with a cat?

ferrets smell really bad from my limited experience around them

i don't think anything enjoys living in an apartment unless it is free to leave unsupervised.

this really depends, in my experience. one of my two cats was totally indoors, all the way. i could leave the door open, and she'd show absolutely no interest in leaving, at all. the other, not so much.

I leave the patio door open a little when I'm home to let the cat on the balcony and he spends a lot of time moping out there too. i read about those russian foxes and they are about 3-4 grand to import. im thinking maybe some sort of large rabbit, but i think they need more time outdoors in grass or whatever.

Guest disparaissant

yes one of my two cats (the girl) i believe is mentally challenged and has zero interest in leaving the house.

my male cat (the neighborhood lion) is the most successful killer I have ever seen. And neatest eater. On manners as well as sheer carnivorous skill, cats have dogs beat hands down.

yeah my other cat was a male farm cat that someone caught and declawed then got rid of because he occasionally peed outside the litter box. fuckers. anyways he ended up getting out a few times, and every time he did, he'd beat a chipmunk to death. i ended up having my parents take him, they live in the middle of nowhere on two or three acres, so they'd let him out during the day and he'd just go nuts, killed birds, chipmunks, even managed to beat a squirrel to death with his crazy-hard paw pads.

he ended up getting hit by a truck, but he was at LEAST 18 years old by that point and he died happy, so there's that.

Archived