IGNORED

Mastering Online

Guest Mitchell01

Guest Mitchell01

The upsurge in the need for mastering services has been responsible for the growth of online mastering services. Online mastering services are necessary for reaching out to the customer who stays away from the mastering studio. Mastering is highly important for making the sound sweeter. It can be used for corrective purposes or enhancing purposes. The mastering services include fixing the gaps between songs, adding eq and compression wherever required, leveling the volume of the tracks etc.

The mastering services have prospered over the years. Earlier there was the concept of attended mastering, which involved the customer sitting next to the engineer to watch the process of mastering. The mastering engineer works on the audio track inside an acoustically suited room, a good monitoring system and signal converters. With the advent of online mastering services, the musicians and artists can avail the mastering services of the mastering engineer, anywhere in the world. The online mastering services have made accessing the mastering services incredibly easy. With audio mastering services available online, it is easy to reach out to the professional studios of the world. The turnaround time of the online mastering service is lesser than the attended mastering services. The rates are also cheaper than the attended one. Since the online mastering is done by a mastering engineer who is highly skilled and using the same equipments as that of the attended mastering, the quality of the online mastering services are good.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Hi Mitch,

I stay away from the studio, and I have noticed this impedes my ability to master my tracks. I have tried but it is very hard to hear what I am doing when I am not in the studio where the mastering is taking place. What a nightmare! I wouldn't be so concerned except I know that mastering is highly important. My sound has often been rather bitter and without going closer to (or even into) the mastering studio, which I am not prepared to do, the sweetness of the sound is not going to be harnessed. Also some of the gaps between my tracks are excessively long, lasting up to an hour in some cases, while other songs start playing before the previous one has ended. I need these gaps sorted out, pronto!

I am sickened by the thought of attended mastering. Mastering engineers are not palatable and I would not be able to sit next to one to watch him work. I am excited to hear there is an easy way I can avail the mastering services of the mastering engineer via the online mastering services. I want to reach out to the professional studios of the world, but I don't wish to do this physically, rather I want to do it virtually, online, over the internet, without actually being there, due to my distaste for the studio. As I mentioned, I stay away from the studio. That is something I am not prepared to negotiate on.

Another issue I have is that the turnaround time for mastering can be too long. A long time for a track to be mastered is reprehensible. I need this time to be lesser. I also must insist that the mastering constitutes a complete turnaround. I will not accept a turnaround of less than 360 degrees. Some mastering engineers even perform a 720 degree turnaround. This is perhaps too much of a turnaround and may contribute to the long mastering turnaround times I mentioned already.

Some mastering engineers try to master using only one equipment. This is not enough. At least two equipments are needed in my opinion, and I am glad to see you have multiple equipments. Without sufficient equipments the turnaround time will simply be too long. But I must stress that I don't want to see the equipments as I will not be attending the mastering services. I stay way from the studio. I will stay away from the studio but the mastering will be good.

Kindest regards,

Alphonse Spurcking

Guest Lube Saibot

Hi Mitch,

I stay away from the studio, and I have noticed this impedes my ability to master my tracks. I have tried but it is very hard to hear what I am doing when I am not in the studio where the mastering is taking place. What a nightmare! I wouldn't be so concerned except I know that mastering is highly important. My sound has often been rather bitter and without going closer to (or even into) the mastering studio, which I am not prepared to do, the sweetness of the sound is not going to be harnessed. Also some of the gaps between my tracks are excessively long, lasting up to an hour in some cases, while other songs start playing before the previous one has ended. I need these gaps sorted out, pronto!

I am sickened by the thought of attended mastering. Mastering engineers are not palatable and I would not be able to sit next to one to watch him work. I am excited to hear there is an easy way I can avail the mastering services of the mastering engineer via the online mastering services. I want to reach out to the professional studios of the world, but I don't wish to do this physically, rather I want to do it virtually, online, over the internet, without actually being there, due to my distaste for the studio. As I mentioned, I stay away from the studio. That is something I am not prepared to negotiate on.

Another issue I have is that the turnaround time for mastering can be too long. A long time for a track to be mastered is reprehensible. I need this time to be lesser. I also must insist that the mastering constitutes a complete turnaround. I will not accept a turnaround of less than 360 degrees. Some mastering engineers even perform a 720 degree turnaround. This is perhaps too much of a turnaround and may contribute to the long mastering turnaround times I mentioned already.

Some mastering engineers try to master using only one equipment. This is not enough. At least two equipments are needed in my opinion, and I am glad to see you have multiple equipments. Without sufficient equipments the turnaround time will simply be too long. But I must stress that I don't want to see the equipments as I will not be attending the mastering services. I stay way from the studio. I will stay away from the studio but the mastering will be good.

Kindest regards,

Alphonse Spurcking

FLOOOOOL :emotawesomepm9:

Archived