IGNORED

New shuffly minimal housey synth whatever the fuck

Guest Alex0112

Guest Lube Saibot

quality stuff

the pace of the beat is waaaaaay to fast for my tastes/conventions of "the genre"/danceability/groove

don't let that stop you though, everything else is class

love the dub chords at the core of the track, whad'ya make them with?

Guest Alex0112

quality stuff

the pace of the beat is waaaaaay to fast for my tastes/conventions of "the genre"/danceability/groove

don't let that stop you though, everything else is class

love the dub chords at the core of the track, whad'ya make them with?

Thanks for the input, Loob.

I think you may be on to something regarding the pace...it is only at 140 bpm, however. Tempo always fucks with my head. I'll get used to a song at a certain BPM and then if I try to switch it up it just sounds wrong...but I'll try slowing it down and listening to it tomorrow.

The chords are made with a rare analog synth that RDJ doesn't even have...no but really it's just a shitty vst..nothing special at all. Glad I could coax some decent tones out of it.

Guest Lube Saibot

yeah see I'm used to stuff like this being the in 110-130s... and not just me, i mean most stuff that i would deem similar to this tune are around 120 or so. then again pushing the bpm is cool, but the beat itself needs to be a little less busy once you go faster, otherwise it just (imho) ruins the washy dub feel.

i was asking about the chords non-facetiously. i liked that they have an almost breath-like texture.

Guest Alex0112

Slowed it down to 125 but that seemed like slothstep so I upped it to 132...I think I struck a good balance. New version up there.

Archived