IGNORED

Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped

Guest Ron Manager

Guest kiteless

not really all that new but if anyone around these woods likes the youth:

SONIC YOUTH NEW LP "RATHER RIPPED" DUE FOR FOR JUNE 2006 RELEASE

Sonic Youth are putting the finishing touches on their upcoming new record. Basic tracks were recorded with engineer TJ Doherty at legendary Sear Sound Studio. Sear Sound has been the site of recording previous SY albums 'Sister' and 'Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star', and Thurston's 'Psychic Hearts'. Overdubs were recorded with TJ at Sear Sound as well as with engineer Aaron Mullan at the band's own studio on Murray St. - A few vocal overdubs were even done at J Mascis' in house studio in Amherst, MA. with engineer John Agnello. The band spent the most of February mixing with John Agnello at Sear Sound and later at Water Music in Hoboken, NJ. The song list is:

1. Reena

2. Incinerate

3. Do You Believe in Rapture?

4. Sleepin' Around

5. What A Waste

6. Jams Run Free

7. Rats

8. Turquoise Boy

9. Lights Out

10. The Neutral

11. Pink Steam

12. Or

Geffen Records will issue the CD edition while the band's own Goofin' Records will release the vinyl edition of the new album.

they also recently reissued the debut self-titled album and the Whitey Album, the latter under alias Ciccone Youth.

tour to follow :w00t::w00t::w00t:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest cosmonaut

it's definitely a grower, i love jams run free. doesn't come close to sonic nurse though - what an incredible album.

• 5 weeks later...

picked this up the other day... best sonic youth in over 10 years i'd say.

right now im loving the second and third tracks the best..

wooo! im so happy. i thought they fell off, but this stuff is tops!

az/out

• 5 months later...

Archived