IGNORED

no TV

keltoi

Guest Iain C

can't you just watch your favourite programmes online? i thought that's what everyone did these days anyway. the only thing i actually watch on TV these days is the morning news.

Oh and...

this was wierd though, on account of his poor grasp on english...

him: i will arrange technician to visit with you between 12 and 4 monday, is this comfortable for you?

me: excuse me?

him: is this comfortable for you?

me: comfortable? no it's not comfortable.

him: this is not comfortable?

me: no it's not suitable. or comfortable.

him: 4 and 8, is this comfortable for you?

me: no it's not suitable.

him: is it comfortable for you?

me: no. no it's not.

etc, etc...

i felt like he was gently taking my virginity. even though he kept asking if it was comfortable, it was really fucking painful!

i hung up in the end. nothing solved.

You clearly understood what he was getting at, so why be a jerk about it?

how was i being a jerk? he was barely legible iain. i only said excuse me once and replied to his question. then when i replied again he'd ask the same creepy question. and bare in mind i'd been through 20 minutes of being on hold and menus and options and the guy sounded half asleep and couldn't give a shit... AND i'll openly admit that it pisses me off that i have to speak to someone in fucking india that can't speak or understand english! everything this guy said i had to ask him to repeat himself 3 or 4 times cos i couldn't understand him not cos i was being a jerk.

You understood well enough to transcribe it here. You understood well enough to suggest "suitable" instead of comfortable - ie, you got the gist but just felt like being a jerk. Why do I get the feeling that it's got a lot more to do with

AND i'll openly admit that it pisses me off that i have to speak to someone in fucking india that can't speak or understand english!

Except he clearly could speak English. So really, it's

AND i'll openly admit that it pisses me off that i have to speak to someone in fucking india

Get over it. Have you ever worked in a call centre? It's fucking shit in this country or any other - show a little compassion for somebody who probably has to put up with short-tempered, entitled douches all day long.

can't you just watch your favourite programmes online? i thought that's what everyone did these days anyway. the only thing i actually watch on TV these days is the morning news.

Oh and...

this was wierd though, on account of his poor grasp on english...

him: i will arrange technician to visit with you between 12 and 4 monday, is this comfortable for you?

me: excuse me?

him: is this comfortable for you?

me: comfortable? no it's not comfortable.

him: this is not comfortable?

me: no it's not suitable. or comfortable.

him: 4 and 8, is this comfortable for you?

me: no it's not suitable.

him: is it comfortable for you?

me: no. no it's not.

etc, etc...

i felt like he was gently taking my virginity. even though he kept asking if it was comfortable, it was really fucking painful!

i hung up in the end. nothing solved.

You clearly understood what he was getting at, so why be a jerk about it?

how was i being a jerk? he was barely legible iain. i only said excuse me once and replied to his question. then when i replied again he'd ask the same creepy question. and bare in mind i'd been through 20 minutes of being on hold and menus and options and the guy sounded half asleep and couldn't give a shit... AND i'll openly admit that it pisses me off that i have to speak to someone in fucking india that can't speak or understand english! everything this guy said i had to ask him to repeat himself 3 or 4 times cos i couldn't understand him not cos i was being a jerk.

You understood well enough to transcribe it here. You understood well enough to suggest "suitable" instead of comfortable - ie, you got the gist but just felt like being a jerk. Why do I get the feeling that it's got a lot more to do with

AND i'll openly admit that it pisses me off that i have to speak to someone in fucking india that can't speak or understand english!

Except he clearly could speak English. So really, it's

AND i'll openly admit that it pisses me off that i have to speak to someone in fucking india

Get over it. Have you ever worked in a call centre? It's fucking shit in this country or any other - show a little compassion for somebody who probably has to put up with short-tempered, entitled douches all day long.

sorry i didn't fully encapsulate the situation in my initial post to save you going off on some prissy tangent fuelled by some long held inadequacy grudge iain.

you'll be glad to know that i replaced my cable and my tv works like a charm so i have no need to phone that asshole again. everyone's a winner!

Guest Iain C

sorry i didn't fully encapsulate the situation in my initial post to save you going off on some prissy tangent fuelled by some long held inadequacy grudge iain.

Sorry, who am I supposed to feel inadequate to? You? I just think you're being a dick about some poor sap in a shitty job - with a nasty undercurrent of pub-banter xenophobia - because you're frustrated about your lack of telly.

cos you worked in a call centre and had to speak to annoying CUSTOMERS with boring issues to address. the CUSTOMERS expect a certain level of service not some half asleep indian guy who can't speak or understand the language of the people he is employed to service. this isn't racist or xenophobic, it's a matter of logic and practicality. it's not his fault my tv's broke or mine that he works in a call centre, or either of our faults that british businesses farm out their support to india, but the fact is that this arrangement is shite.

anyway as i told you i fixed my telly myself by replacing a £5.99 cable. funnily enough this guy didn't suggest trying this.

Guest uptown devil

you'll be glad to know that i replaced my cable and my tv works like a charm so i have no need to phone that asshole again. everyone's a winner!

so much for getting laid! :wang:

Archived