IGNORED

no TV

keltoi

long story short...

i'd been using an analogue aerial to get freeview so i didn't have to use the shitty virgin remote control as well as the tv one and forgot to retune before the switch-over. tried tonight and my box or cable isn't working, so someone in india tells me i'm fucked until they can send a tech on monday next week! he asked me "is this comfortable for you?".

it was creepy the way he said it, i'm going to have nightmares. and read more books.

near the end of my tenure as a tech support monkey, management introduced a new rule where you had to ask 'are you happy with the service i've provided today?' at the end of every call.

fuck everything about that.

near the end of my tenure as a tech support monkey, management introduced a new rule where you had to ask 'are you happy with the service i've provided today?' at the end of every call.

this was wierd though, on account of his poor grasp on english...

him: i will arrange technician to visit with you between 12 and 4 monday, is this comfortable for you?

me: excuse me?

him: is this comfortable for you?

me: comfortable? no it's not comfortable.

him: this is not comfortable?

me: no it's not suitable. or comfortable.

him: 4 and 8, is this comfortable for you?

me: no it's not suitable.

him: is it comfortable for you?

me: no. no it's not.

etc, etc...

i felt like he was gently taking my virginity. even though he kept asking if it was comfortable, it was really fucking painful!

i hung up in the end. nothing solved.

looks like more watmm for you. or more time with the babby. or more time just talking to the old lady.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

no.2 might just arrive around 9 months from now, know what i'm saying? :spiteful:

Guest Iain C

can't you just watch your favourite programmes online? i thought that's what everyone did these days anyway. the only thing i actually watch on TV these days is the morning news.

Oh and...

him: i will arrange technician to visit with you between 12 and 4 monday, is this comfortable for you?

etc, etc...

i felt like he was gently taking my virginity. even though he kept asking if it was comfortable, it was really fucking painful!

You clearly understood what he was getting at, so why be a jerk about it?

can't you just watch your favourite programmes online? i thought that's what everyone did these days anyway. the only thing i actually watch on TV these days is the morning news.

Oh and...

etc, etc...

You clearly understood what he was getting at, so why be a jerk about it?

how was i being a jerk? he was barely legible iain. i only said excuse me once and replied to his question. then when i replied again he'd ask the same creepy question. and bare in mind i'd been through 20 minutes of being on hold and menus and options and the guy sounded half asleep and couldn't give a shit... AND i'll openly admit that it pisses me off that i have to speak to someone in fucking india that can't speak or understand english! everything this guy said i had to ask him to repeat himself 3 or 4 times cos i couldn't understand him not cos i was being a jerk.

and watching tv on a laptop is for stuuuuuuuuuudents and dole bludgers. i prefer a screen i can see from the other side of the room.

looks like more watmm for you. or more time with the babby. or more time just talking to the old lady.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

no.2 might just arrive around 9 months from now, know what i'm saying? :spiteful:

that is awesome man. congrats!!

77299congratulazioni23.gif

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

woah woah steady on jules! i meant that some hot hot mclovin might be a happenin tonight.

(since we have no tv :spiteful: )

((and i'll be wearing 2 rubbers))

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

woah woah steady on jules! i meant that some hot hot mclovin might be a happenin tonight.

Bright side:

Now when you have successfully initiated the sex act, you know what question to ask her.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Bright side:

Now when you have successfully initiated the sex act, you know what question to ask her.

is this comfortable for you?

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

lol :facepalm:

that was not comfortable for me.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Bright side:

is this comfortable for you?

it's good, yeah!

it's good, yeah!

etc, etc...

Sounds like the guy was only trying to do his job. Do you think he wants to work there and answer your mundane call? At least offer the guy an alternative date rather than stating your unhappiness with the proposal he made for a technician to come by.

Archived