IGNORED

Where's the blackness?

lumpenprol

Guest Archrival

its good and bad...love both styles..those old dirty breaks they used in the past worked really well but the new more clean beats are also nice :)

huh? boc & hip hop? when?

was hip hop not the right term? How about "early rap" - tracks like Telephasic Workshop, Trapped, Nlogax are a few of the more obvious examples. In general I think their work through MHTRTC was suffused with a sort of hip hop vibe. Quite a bit funkier than it is now. On Geogaddi this vibe was subdued, and now it seems like they've moved even further towards "folktronica." My point being that it's not just that they "added guitars" on TCH; they've also moved towards less "funky" song structures, a crisper sound. IMO.

Guest Archrival

"In general I think their work through MHTRTC was suffused with a sort of hip hop vibe. Quite a bit funkier than it is now. On Geogaddi this vibe was subdued, and now it seems like they've moved even further towards "folktronica." My point being that it's not just that they "added guitars" on TCH; they've also moved towards less "funky" song structures, a crisper sound. IMO." True, I agree..Aquarius is like a hip hop instrumental etc..I really like both styles but I definitly like the TCH sound (I think its excellent, and I hope for more guitars and more folktronica in the future..I hate that word :)), but dont get me wrong im a hip hop head too :) so anything goes when it comes to BOC :)

Guest chromakey_dreamcoat

Rue The Whirl's and Nlogax's beats are very loud! >_< I can't listen to those tracks with a headphone without someone esle overhearing the beat.

Guest roygbiv

In my opinion, which I am becoming increasingly afraid to give on this forum:), this is a bad thing. A repeating, relatively simple 'hip-hop' beat is something I miss in recent boc work. I know the band have to evolve, but I think they should just be conscious that for many this is an important part of their sound. I mean, I love tracks like nlogax, but if boc continue in their present direction, we wont be hearing anything like that again, and I cant help but not be too happy about that!

TCH has hiphop beats, kinda. Listen to '84 Pontiac Dream. I don't think TCH is going toward a bad direction. BOC diversify their albums a lot. It remains fucking great and the best band ever! :grin:

Guest Skytree

BoC enter my mind like entangling roots full of pulsating prism-diffracted sunlight, pumping directly through my ears and into my brain, melting my vision into triangles of geometric sub-reality, diffusing into the numinous, the phenomenous, the ominous and drenching my metaphysical self in metaphysical, fractal April showers, all the while eating an impossibly enormous apple that tastes like summer and resonates in the sun like a 12" radius Tibetan singing bowl, spilling its sound out upon the bleached-green horizon.

This is regardless of album. I'm happy to let the lads make what they want to make.

I think BOC's music strangely reminds me of their covers. Their album covers really symbolize their music. The colour, particularly. Twoism is black, Hi Scores is blue, MHTRTC is turquoise, IABPOITC is black, Geogaddi is red and TCH is green.

Archived