IGNORED

The foundation of a strong track?

Jaffa

This track, I've kept in the fridge for awhile now, I like it, its a framework, the drums sound tight, what do you think? It's not new, well, not last month new, but i hardly put up stuff here anymore because im trying to build enough strong shit to put on demos,

ps-i like the change in vibe towards the end. do you? it needs more of what?

its supposed to sound like tidals waves of sound crushing populaces of empty air, did i achieve this goal? from soft playful to armageddon nois'e

im half in the thinking i could call this finished bar the last segment? i know i can more bits but sometime less is more...dunno

Guest cakeface

Really like this tune. As a complete novice at music technology I can't really offer much advice on that front but musically i think it works very well. It's got an evil mechanical feel the whole way through and i liked your choice of synths. The hooks are quite strong so my suggestion would be to thin out the texture more in some areas to give the constituant parts a chance to shine more, maybe even lose the beat for a few bars and bring it back in... dunno just an idea.

Regarding the last section, i think it sounds good if a little thin, perhaps it might be an idea to let that metallic sounding loop play for a few bars and then double it with a fatter synth an octave down and maybe link it with the lead synth from earlier in the tune. Very nice work.

absolutely sterling class A dirty tech track here from start to brutal end.

diamond.

top class writing. but smothered by bad production. sounds very muddy and over filtered in that busy rhythmic bass synth section. only the hats shine out. this is one of the best composed tracks ive heard from you jaff. but one of the least well produced.

make it sound bright and layered so it grabs you by the neck, and this is ekt track of the year. no arguement from me.

jaffa caek rocks the biscuit isle.

fuck, thank you guys, thank you, it means something to me, i doubt myself alot, too analytical critical, but if G.I and yoda and cake think im doing ok, im doing ok, cheers jonas for honest critique your demos solid rock. im drunk, will respond proper in the moaning..thanks thanks thanks

sounds muddy because i have alot of reverb on certain synth workouts...maybe fix it, i like it though

I really like the main beat and supporting synths but it feels as if this track doesn't really go anywhere. It reminds me of some sort of experimentation I used to do on fruityloops where i'd build beats up and recycle through different synth parts and add new elements. FL's pattern based sequecing was great for that sort of thing. Enjoyable but production is a bit off but thats forgivable for now. If production was better it would probably make up for the structure.

i am so unhappy i cannot hear this

i love the music of Jaffa

i have no internets at home and work don't let me download music

:sad:

Guest Covert

If this is *badly* produced, it's going to be able to take over Tokyo when the production's sorted.

This is really, really impressive.

Hey thanks all for the nice words. Haven't had much time to do anything more on this one, I've been working on a remix for a Forlon ep . Remix is finished now, theres a few doing them, beak, wisp, plugexpert and mcbpete, should be a stella ep. End of PR.

yeah, this track could be a stormer if you'd finish it properly! i really like the change from light and friendly stuff at the start to the more menacing, trippy sound at the end.. but as it is, it just isn't tight enough... some melodies dont sit well in the mix (harmony-wise), like the sequence that starts at 0:30, and the beats lack punch.. and the entire mix is extremely muddy and faded... should be fixable, ofcourse, and it's a nice sketch..!

Archived