IGNORED

Techno Sound of Detroit

magdog

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest igloos unlmtd

Guest igloos unlmtd

BLACK DOG UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE MIX (2008)

http://soundcloud.com/the-black-dog/the-black-dog-ur-we-are-one-hour-with-underground-resistance

1. Antimatter - Underground Resistance

2. Voice Of Electrifying Mojo

3. Afrogermanic - Underground Resistance

4. Mirage - Underground Resistance

5. Windchime - Underground Resistance

6. Talkin2Z - Underground Resistance

7. Final Frontier - Underground Resistance

8. In Or Out - Underground Resistance

9. Maroon - Underground Resistance

10. Death Of My Neighbor - Underground Resistance

11. Baghdad Express - Underground Resistance

12. Inversions - Underground Resistance

13. Technology Gap - Underground Resistance

14. Antimatter - Underground Resistance

15. I Am UR - Underground Resistance

16. Tazumal - Underground Resistance

17. Hunting The Program - Underground Resistance

18. Toxic Broadcast - Underground Resistance

19. Detonate - Underground Resistance

20. Orbit (The Black Dog Edit) - Underground Resistance

21. Riot - - Underground Resistance

22. Base Camp Alpha 808 - Underground Resistance

23. Entering Quadrant 5 - Underground Resistance

24. Adernarlin - Underground Resistance

25. Gamma Ray - Underground Resistance

26. Ambush - Underground Resistance

27. Sea Quake ? Underground Resistance

28. Kill My Radio Station ? Underground Resistance

Nice posts mate, not seen the Ron Murphy interview for a while. He did play such a massive role in the way most of the records from Detroit sounded.. that guy must of heard more techno than all us young(er) ones put together :) like the way you added the tracks that were talked about in the interview too.. cool.

Ron Murphy R.I.P.

Guest igloos unlmtd

Yeah, you can tell the passing of Ron Murphy had a big impact on Detroit. Someone like Mad Mike had a tight relationship with Ron. Not having him there to make the masters anymore must be tough. I get the feeling that's why there is some hesitance to reissuing some of the older stuff.

It's funny to think of the guy & all the techno he listened to... he probably thought it was complete rubbish the first time someone brought him a record. Then to watch all the guys get better & better... that had to be such a trip.

nice shake interview, mr holland was stoked. & that track - hard & mellow at the same time!

this is my tune of the day :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk2dtCXGy1I&feature=related

magdog, were you an LA SYNTHESIS fan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g6blI1O1HA

Must have been so hard for those guys to carry on without Ron Murphy.. he played such an important role and gave those records the sound no one else ever could. I remember reading somewhere a while ago the UR guys would first release their records on Tresor to make the cash needed for their own labels with the NSC cut.. maximum power! To think, not only did Ron Murphy hear most of the records made in Detroit, he heard the ones no one else did also. I dunno, something tells me he would’ve thought they were pretty good tracks at first and didn't take long for him to understand what the music meant, him being from Detroit and all.... plus, Mike Banks doesn't seem the kind of guy to mess around :)

That rob hood track is great.. soothing with a edge.

Can’t say i’m a LA Synthesis fan but there are a few tracks by them i really like, ‘Cmi Wave Sequence’ on A13 records and the ‘Harmonic Disassembly EP’ on the ‘Evolution/Universal Language Productions Ltd’ label... which i was a big fan of!

Guest igloos unlmtd

Vibin' is extremely mental & deep. I promise to never doubt Kenny again, even if he chooses a dodgy album title.

& I gotta say that Urban Tribe 12" is sounding 100% buyable. That track & the one streaming on Planet-E are high quality.

& the rings of saturn... absolute classic - Jeff Mills, Mike Banks, & Rob Hood (the 'intern'! haha). its a fun journey.

Have to say i did doubt Larkin myself on his last albums, but found out how wrong i was after giving KTS a proper listen.. it's an excellent album from beginning to end!

It was good to hear the thoughts behind the Rings of Saturn.. shows how deep these guys are... and yeah, it is a fun journey too :)

Archived