IGNORED

Techno Sound of Detroit

magdog

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, that Larkin track is beautiful & just as good as anything on Azimuth.

true mate, has to be my favourite Lakin track... it is sooo beautiful.

Guest igloos unlmtd

Thanks for this thread man - don't let it die.

I love the 313 - grew-up just south of there, & a few of my older friends had these massive vinyl collections. you know they lived through the original rave scenes & we sit around and chill playing the old UR singles or whatever. & that's really how i found out about drexicya, & surburban knight & all those guys. I miss those times living up north - here in Texas.. well, its not really techno country. This thread just reminds me of hanging with my closest mates & the tunes they'd play me. so i'm really appreciative. & thanks for hitting on that beautiful soulful style that gets me everything in the Larkin Tedra post.

Larkin was really on par with his peers - I think his stuff from that period is just as good as B12, or Black Dog.

Music might be just too overproduced these days. a 909, a wonky bass line, & some pads is all it really takes...

Thanks for this thread man - don't let it die.

I love the 313 - grew-up just south of there, & a few of my older friends had these massive vinyl collections. you know they lived through the original rave scenes & we sit around and chill playing the old UR singles or whatever. & that's really how i found out about drexicya, & surburban knight & all those guys. I miss those times living up north - here in Texas.. well, its not really techno country. This thread just reminds me of hanging with my closest mates & the tunes they'd play me. so i'm really appreciative. & thanks for hitting on that beautiful soulful style that gets me everything in the Larkin Tedra post.

Larkin was really on par with his peers - I think his stuff from that period is just as good as B12, or Black Dog.

Music might be just too overproduced these days. a 909, a wonky bass line, & some pads is all it really takes...

fuckin right on man. I love trying to make oldschool jams, but no one listens to them anymore..whatever...keepin electro alive~!!

I love the 313 too, the music has meant so much to me over the years.. hope none of us let this thread die.

It's great to be able to share some of the wonderful sounds and grooves that have come from the motor city.. glad to see others like yourself are contributing too! As for myself, i was lucky enough to live in an area where Detroit techno/electro music was played alot along with the sounds of Chicago, i also live quite near to where Kool Kat and Network records were based. As i'm sure you know, these labels released versions of Derrick May, Juan Atkins, Kevin Saunderson and many other of the Techno legends back in the 80's and 90's. There’s always been something very soulful and powerful about the music, full of raw emotion and funk that's get's me every time too. Yeah i agree, there was a time when Kenny Larkin was every bit as good as his peers.. Nocturnal and Azimuth are two of my favourite techno albums of all time. classics!

"Music might be just too overproduced these days. a 909, a wonky bass line, & some pads is all it really takes..."

very true!

Archived