IGNORED

Enemy Expatriation Act

DerWaschbar

Russia Today

The Peoples Voice

Congressman Dent on YT

Basically the bill allows the government to stip you of citizenship if they deem you a terrorist. Strangely enough, other than the monologue by Dent on YouTube I can't find any information on it that isn't from fairly biased new outlets. Maybe it's all just for the boners.

If it's real then any sort of changes that may have been made to NDAA to protect citizens from infdefinite detention without the burden of proof is void.

Godspeed!

Yeah I fear for you guys down there. The complete absense of it from any mainstream media and that video of Dent from Oct demonstres how controlled almost all news sources are these days. It's pretty chilling.

I feel pretty strongly that civil war is likely to break out in the US in the next 20 years, if not the next 10. People are so outraged and there is little they can do to prevent losing their rights. The electoral system is pretty much a joke at this point in my opinion. Both parties clearly support the same policies, but with different aesthetics which are catered to inflame and polarize people so that they are distracted from the looting that is going on.

I don't feel like that many people are outraged... many of them are still oblivious. The ones that are outraged, know that they are the minority, and so they are watching in horror, helplessly.

Ah, that is a shame. I haven't been south for a few years, just assumed from the OWS and comments on the internet that it had gained a lot of momentum. At the very least I think the amount of support Ron Paul is getting is a sign of how the demand for drastic changes to government policies and direction is becoming more popular. But it doesn't seem to be a clear unified movement, it's people with drasticly different visions for the country who are sick of the status quo.

Is the general consensus that the American government has already planned for and is currently enacting a cyberpunk dystopian future complete with robot drones, X-ray full body scanners, Homeland Security goons in kevlar vests packing assault rifles, infrared cameras attached to the back of dogs, SOPA..etc?

Well, I will say that there are probably more people becoming aware of things than ever before... but we have a long way to go... I think it will have to get MUCH worse before things change... then it will either be too late, or it will take just as long to reverse it. My day has been filled with pessimism though.

I keep trying to decide if those authors were prophets, or if the people in charge just read their books and said "oh snap, why didnt I think of that?" and goes and does it.

I don't blame you for the pessimism, frankly I feel like if a civil war did break out it would be horrible and messy, with all the factions involved. But maybe you are right and the state of things will just continue on like it is for some time.

Is the general consensus that the American government has already planned for and is currently enacting a cyberpunk dystopian future complete with robot drones, X-ray full body scanners, Homeland Security goons in kevlar vests packing assault rifles, infrared cameras attached to the back of dogs, SOPA..etc?

Secret underwater 'Military Dolphin' war:

Good 'ol patriot dolphins

Evil ex-Soviet dolphins

Rogue dolphin cell

All of these killing dolphins who were trained to attack enemy frogmen with harpoons attached to their backs, or to drag them to the surface to be taken into captivity were sold to Iran, because the trainer could no longer feed them after they were sent to an aquatic attraction in Sevastopol. Many of these killer dolphins are capable of under

just assumed from the OWS and comments on the internet that it had gained a lot of momentum

what it has done though is open up the dialog for discussion at the dinner table/watercooler etc; this is where informed ppl such as yourself need to chime in and use the opportunity to inform facts without getting too preachy or overbearing (do this regardless of if you're american or not). We tend to think that the 'right idea' will flow autonomously once gaining a bit of momentum - it doesn't - we might live in an information age, but verbal communication is still the best P2P tool we have

just assumed from the OWS and comments on the internet that it had gained a lot of momentum

what it has done though is open up the dialog for discussion at the dinner table/watercooler etc; this is where informed ppl such as yourself need to chime in and use the opportunity to inform facts without getting too preachy or overbearing (do this regardless of if you're american or not). We tend to think that the 'right idea' will flow autonomously once gaining a bit of momentum - it doesn't - we might live in an information age, but verbal communication is still the best P2P tool we have

I do engage in dialogue about this sort of thing very regularily. I agree it is important regardless of nationality, especially here in Canada where we are slowly following American foreign and domestic policies.

And increasingly our borders are become more and more blurred:

One of my fears is that the US gov now has a 'legal' route to have boots on the ground here in Canada and detain Canadian citizens as 'terrorists'.

The U.S. Navy has been using trained dolphins and sea lions for security since the Vietnam War.

They were perfectly fine marines to begin with :emotawesomepm9:

Pretty magical practice really. I wonder what the dolphins think of it all?

Archived