IGNORED

Radio Magnum

gmanyo

http://soundcloud.com/the-holy-band-of-god/radio-magnum-test

There are so many problems with this right now; the clicking is egregious, I need more samples, some of the samples that exist need to be quantized, etc. The third sample is a dummy sample, and several others at the beginning need to be switched out, too.

But those issues, while numerous, are just nitty gritty fixes that will take a lot of grind work (well, I guess not finding more samples, but whatever). If you can give me any tips on those, please do. My main problem with the track, though, is that I don't know where to take it. Adding drums is not working out very well since my samples already have drums, and the entire track still sounds like just a bunch of loops (I guess I did make it in Garageband [i can't afford anything else], but I didn't use any of the loops).

I recommend getting rid of some samples, the ones you have now are very distracting (and you want to put more? sample overdose).

Hmm. You might be right about this (well, I'll probably have to add more musical samples, like a bassline, since it's sample based, but I assume you mean the voice samples). By more samples I really just meant one more, at the end, to fill up the remaining space (also to switch out some of the samples at the beginning). Keep in mind the song will be longer when finished, so the end will work better as a contrast to the rest, like a climax. Maybe space out the samples in the middle of the song a bit? Or maybe just throw out a few.

Any recommendations on how to make it seem less loop oriented? I've noticed Luke Vibert is able to do this very well; his songs are basically just a bunch of repeating samples, but he puts them in such a way that each measure is unique from the others.

And I need some help making it seem more "filled", in a sense. Not more cluttered, but there isn't enough content to the song, or if there is enough something needs to be changed.

Also, click removal is a bitch.

I like it, goes well with my Jane Fonda workout VHS

Thanks!

Archived