• High-Bitrate mp3
    • Lossless format such as FLAC
    • OGG
    • Other (specify
  3. 3. Artwork

• High Resolution (1000x1000)
    • Mid Resolution (500x500)
    • Thumbnail (100x100)

i'd prefer a zip with flacs and a hi-res cover..

it's not like i'm using a 56kbps modem and i don't have a problem with waiting an hour for the album to download.. so i'd like the full-quality shit..

ofcourse, if you only can download at 512kbit/s, ogg or hi-quality vbr mp3 might be better...

a full-quality (flac, hi-res cover) version and a lower-quality (ogg or hi-quality vbr mp3 with 500x500px cover) should BOTH be available... ideally..

i'd prefer a zip with flacs and a hi-res cover..

it's not like i'm using a 56kbps modem and i don't have a problem with waiting an hour for the album to download.. so i'd like the full-quality shit..

ofcourse, if you only can download at 512kbit/s, ogg or hi-quality vbr mp3 might be better...

a full-quality (flac, hi-res cover) version and a lower-quality (ogg or hi-quality vbr mp3 with 500x500px cover) should BOTH be available... ideally..

might as well have a high-res cover with the mp3/ogg version, because it wouldn't be a particularly big file anyway.

I won't vote, cos I like to have options.

I think FLAC should be available to those who want it, I have an mp3 playing CD player so I prefer mp3's myself cos it's eaiser for me to just chuck thme on a CD.

Also, I like the option to download files individually mianly cos I'm on a modem, and I like to check out one track first before I get the rest. That's not to say I don't download full zipped albums though... so both is fine by me.

And I couldn't care less about artwork... the only web-album I've seen with good artwork is Wisp's About the Things that Never Were

Guest androne
what is this for?

general survey, to find what most people prefer.

why do people always leave wav out of the picture, it is the most compatible lossless format

wav's are larger files, and not only take longer to download, but considerably more space for hosting as well... of course non-compressed files would be preferred but if hosting, time (and hd storage) weren't an issue there would be no need for compression.

Archived