IGNORED

ganus - bedroom trax vol. 2

ganus

Very good impression about the first listen. Track 2 and 3 are some inspired ones. The synth programming is very inventive, that's what I preferred about those two tracks. I may have thought the rhythm sounds could have been more complex. I mean, they're really fine and definitely don't sound out of place (we knob twiddlers are used to these kind of sounds anyway) but in comparison to the synth lines I think they would be nicer if more slightly "experimental".

well that bit about the rhythm was really just for bitching a little bit ;-) those tracks are very good and I'll definitely listen to them again.

post scriptum / second listen : getting awesomer

I love the evolutions on the third track. especially when it turns into that dnb like thing. great job, really

Very good impression about the first listen. Track 2 and 3 are some inspired ones. The synth programming is very inventive, that's what I preferred about those two tracks. I may have thought the rhythm sounds could have been more complex. I mean, they're really fine and definitely don't sound out of place (we knob twiddlers are used to these kind of sounds anyway) but in comparison to the synth lines I think they would be nicer if more slightly "experimental".

well that bit about the rhythm was really just for bitching a little bit ;-) those tracks are very good and I'll definitely listen to them again.

post scriptum / second listen : getting awesomer

I love the evolutions on the third track. especially when it turns into that dnb like thing. great job, really

Thank you! Glad you liked it.

As far as the rhythm and drum sounds go, I definitely agree, at least with Cyclic Acid. It was inspired by Javanese Gamelan music, and uses a couple of different Gamelan scales for the acid line, so to go with that, I probably should've used something more interesting than repetitive 4/4 808 stuff. I am thinking that eventually I'll put out a sort of "best of" of the bedroom trax eps when I'm done with them, and if I decide to use that song, I will definitely do some reworking on it.

Guest cult fiction

This is a nice release! Really like Camembert Court - very baroque. 'Do You Think I Am in the Bedroom Too' is unsettling.

I've been working on vol. 3 this weekend, so with any luck, that will be out soon. Thanks to both of you for listening to this series so far. It's really nice to know that at least a few people like what I've been doing, and it helps me to make more.

Archived