IGNORED

Can i VST link 2 comps with an RCA spdf & an Optical sdpf?

Guest we_kill_soapscum

Guest we_kill_soapscum

i know one is electricity and the other is...light....or something. but i have a sexy new edirol soundcard with no RCA spdf, just an optical one, and my other soundcard only has an rca spdf. can they vst link?

THANKS!!

Not really sure on this one - I think you can get analogue to optical adaptors - like a little box that changes the normal analogue signal from your RCA outs into zeros and ones, which you can then put into your Edirol soundcard. Er, I think you can get these. But I may have dreamed it.....

I don't think you can link RCA SPDIF to Optical though.

hah!

i JUST got back from the store with a fresh coax S/PDIF cable!! MY QUEST ITEM, OBTAINED, AT LAST!!!

NOW I CAN COMPLETE MY MACHINE OF STREAMING PSYCHEDELIC SOUND!!

i'm gonna do it like this:

I use Cubase SX3. This host has a 'VST-System Link' feature. Using just two S/PDIF cable to connect your PC's, you can synchronize them and stream audio and midi between them. All sample-accurate!!!

For example, I'm gonna use one PC for Reaktor (as a VST) and as a virtual effects rack (run all the heavy 'verb plugs on that PC). While I use the other PC as midi/audio sequencer and as incoming hub for all the signals from the rest of my studio/ROOM OF PSyCHEDELIC STeReaming sSOUNNDD.

It looks ULTIMATE, in fact, i'm gonna hook it all up right now

oh btw you need a optical/coax converter for you signal

you'll be able to find one for 50$ or less (second hand)

i know m-audio makes one (wha wassit called again.. 'C2'??) it should pop up within seconds if you do a quick google run on it

Guest we_kill_soapscum
hah!

i JUST got back from the store with a fresh coax S/PDIF cable!! MY QUEST ITEM, OBTAINED, AT LAST!!!

NOW I CAN COMPLETE MY MACHINE OF STREAMING PSYCHEDELIC SOUND!!

i'm gonna do it like this:

I use Cubase SX3. This host has a 'VST-System Link' feature. Using just two S/PDIF cable to connect your PC's, you can synchronize them and stream audio and midi between them. All sample-accurate!!!

For example, I'm gonna use one PC for Reaktor (as a VST) and as a virtual effects rack (run all the heavy 'verb plugs on that PC). While I use the other PC as midi/audio sequencer and as incoming hub for all the signals from the rest of my studio/ROOM OF PSyCHEDELIC STeReaming sSOUNNDD.

It looks ULTIMATE, in fact, i'm gonna hook it all up right now

oh btw you need a optical/coax converter for you signal

you'll be able to find one for 50$ or less (second hand)

i know m-audio makes one (wha wassit called again.. 'C2'??) it should pop up within seconds if you do a quick google run on it

perfection. exactly what i want to do. exactly what i needed to know.

word up thanks maestro

make sure your soundcards are compatible though!!

i'm having major clock sync issues with my aardvark aark20/20 and echo miamidi... haven't worked it out yet.. hmm..

Archived