IGNORED

RSS feeds - how do they work / what should I do?

jeremymacgregor87

Good evening watmm,

I've been thinkin it's a good idea to start subscribing to feeds and whatnot for uni. You know, to keep up with what's been published in journals. There'd also be the advantage of having all music/tech news in the one spot

reeder-icon.png

I downloaded "Reeder" (seems good :mellow: ) but I still don't think I've got the hang of how you subscribe because every time I try to subscribe I get a "this xml does not have content..." message or my reader can't find anything.

Two questions:

1. How do I subscribe to actual feeds without just searching keywords and the like?

2. What feeds do you like and would recommend? I'm thinking music, technology and philosophy but I dont really mind?

1. usually there´s a rss-feed button at the right end of the url-bar, just click on it.

for example:

RSS-Icon-in-the-address-bar-for-Firefox-4.png

I tried a few rss-reader and finally ended up with google reader combined with the notifier-addon for chrome. You can use it everywhere and you don´t loose all of your feeds after you reinstalled windows.

1. usually there´s a rss-feed button at the right end of the url-bar, just click on it.

for example:

RSS-Icon-in-the-address-bar-for-Firefox-4.png

I tried a few rss-reader and finally ended up with google reader combined with the notifier-addon for chrome. You can use it everywhere and you don´t loose all of your feeds after you reinstalled windows.

oh right thanks, yeah I had seen that little orange whatchamacallit but never really found out what it was all for.

Archived