IGNORED

Metric - Synthetica

ghOsty

Anyone else on this forum a fan of Metric? I'm kinda a newcomer to them, but after hearing the recent single "Youth Without Youth" on the radio a lot lately I started getting into it. I decided to check out the full album. About 1/3 of the way through my first listen through now and I'm enjoying it. I'm not usually really big on female fronted bands, but I really like their sound. Cool blend of synths and live instruments into indie-rock with a slightly shoegaze-ish edge on some songs. I'll probably end up looking into more of their previous works

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I love Metric but this album is not very good by comparison to their older material

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I think Live It Out is my favorite Metric album. Basically I recommend you get their first three albums, Old World Underground, Where Are You Now?, Live It Out, Grow Up And Blow Away. Fantasies just has a few great tracks but, it's a much better LP than Synthetica.

Hmm I shall look into them then and prepare for enjoyment as I really don't think Synthetica is all that bad, perhaps my opinion will change upon hearing their older works... but until then idk, I like it, maybe it's a grower for long time fans?

I love Metric, and have been getting down to Synthetica lately as well. I agree that it's missing a certain edginess from their other stuff, but I think it's a deceptively deep album, beyond all the repeated lyrics and poppy progressions. There are a lot of things about it that get stuck in my head. I guess I'll see how much I still like it in a month, but for now, solid approval. "The scream becomes a yawn/I'll shut up and carry on" is a pretty beautiful phrase, to me . .

++my girlfriend lit the Youth Without Youth video! she is so cool. http://www.mtv.com/videos/metric/788288/youth-without-youth.jhtml

Archived