IGNORED

Photography thread

TRiP

Correct this newly joined young go-getter if he's wrong - but I couldnt find any photography specific threads on the board - I see some are posted in the "post your artwork" thread - but it would be nice to have its own thread where peoples works can be posted and discussed

to kick things off - i've recently been experimenting with home developing film with the DIY caffenol developing technique (if you've never heard about it, check it out, verrry interesting - basically you're able to develop pretty much any type of film with coffee and vitamin c powder)

I'm in the process of trying to rig up a nice DIY scanner setup with my DSLR to ghetto scan them

neat thing is when you scan and invert them - you find that the negatives actually naturally take on a coffee/sepia tint:

1st scan attempt-

mexmascoffeestainedtest.jpg

second scan attempt:

newscantechniquemexmasj.jpg

dadxmasporttest2k.jpg

aislingmumxmascigar1tes.jpg

when I have some more free time i'm going to develop another roll and perfect a nice scan set-up - although the negs may look poorly exposed in these photos, i'm thinking it's mainly down to the bad scan - so they could all end up looking completely different when I get a better scan going

anywho - please post and start discussing yar stuff

Guest Mirezzi

That thread is a good one. It's also fine IMO to just use the artwork thread. Photographers here have been doing that for over a year, myself included. I reckon we don't need another thread. I like having the videos thread though.

Archived