IGNORED

Lightning Blolt fall tour dates (North America)

J3FF3R00

http://middleboopmag.com/news/music/lightning-bolt-fall-tour-dates%E2%80%8F

Lightning Bolt has announced a full North American Fall tour, including their second appearance at LA's FYF Festival in September.  The band will also be issuing an archival EP of "lost" material from 2008 as a 12" and digital release on Load Records, titled 'Oblivion Hunter' to coincide with the tour.

08/21 Washington DC Rock 'n Roll Hotel

08/22 Richmond, VA Gallery 5

08/23 Raleigh, NC Kings Barcade

08/24 Atlanta, GA The Goat Farm

08/25 Birmingham, AL Bottletree

08/26 New Orleans, LA Big Top Three Ring Circus

08/27 Houston, TX Fitzgerald's

08/28 Dallas, TX Sons of Hermann Hall

08/29 Austin, TX Emo's East

08/30 Santa Fe, NM Sol Santa Fe *

08/31 Phoenix, AZ Trunk Space

09/01 Los Angeles, CA FYF Fest

09/03 Oakland, CA The New Parish

09/04 San Francisco, CA Rickshaw Stop

09/06 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theater / MFNW #

09/07 Vancouver, BC Fortune Sound Club

09/08 Seattle, WA Showbox at the Market %

09/10 Salt Lake City, UT Kilby Court

09/12 Denver, CO Rhinoceropolis

09/13 Omaha, NE Waiting Room

09/14 Grinnell, IA Grinnell College

09/15 Chicago, IL Empty Bottle

09/16 Detroit, MI Magic Stick

09/17 Pittsburgh, PA Lawrenceville Moose

09/18 Philadelphia, PA Union Transfer

09/19 Baltimore, MD Floristree

09/20 Brooklyn, NY 285 Kent

09/23 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club

Guest EleminoP

Yeah, definitely see them if you can. They played in the basement of a church near me last summer, I think, and it was fucking awesome.

I've seen them 3 or 4 times. Always worth it. They play a lot of unannounced warehouse shows and stuff. I think they are pretty hard to get wind of. I always hear from a friend who somehow knows, day of.

If you guys hear of those, those are the ones to post.

The best time I saw em was in an indoor parking garage. Fuckin class.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sir Winston

Saw them at Islington Mill in the UK, a dingy little cellar type place and was so glad I got the chance they are definitely worth experiencing once. Twisted my knee as well, still totally worth it.

One of the times I saw them, they ended up setting their gear up next to me in the audience, while the other band was still playing. As soon as the other band stopped, they started and the whole crowd surged toward us. I had to link arms wit someone I didn't know to create a human chain around the drums so that he wouldn't get knocked over. The usual show for them, right?

At some point, Brian's floor tom fell, mid-song and I held it up as he hit it. That guy is amazing.

One of the times I saw them, they ended up setting their gear up next to me in the audience, while the other band was still playing. As soon as the other band stopped, they started and the whole crowd surged toward us. I had to link arms wit someone I didn't know to create a human chain around the drums so that he wouldn't get knocked over. The usual show for them, right?

At some point, Brian's floor tom fell, mid-song and I held it up as he hit it. That guy is amazing.

Are you the dude in this video?

Are you the dude in this video?

http://youtu.be/LP7NJ6zB-wY

No. I think that sort of thing happens at every one of their shows.

eddit

It may have been this show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhMWRt0IDG4

or this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2JQef_Q1G4

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GrandPopPoplock

I'm so fucking there!!! I broke up 2 fights and got my lip busted at their last show Philly show .

Still had a great fucking time .

• 1 month later...

Archived