09 arbee - échéancier

10 Future Image - Empty Ladder Frame

11 Krtek - Load Failure

12 Entogora - Last TPiece

13 Magnet & Steel - Skyscrapes

14 Zephyr Nova - Future Relics

15 cubus - 51° 30' 15'' N, 0° 5' 11'' W

Link: http://cytoplantasti...ete-skyscrapers

I'm very pleased with how this album turned out. I was surprised by how diverse the tracks were, in terms of musical style and also in terms of interpretation of the theme. I think this diversity will be very apparent to everyone when listening to the album. I really like the way the album pulls together all the different styles and different ideas into one whole. This album really sounds like a compilation, in a good way.

The judging process was fairly hard. There were 5 judges, three judges from watmm (including me), and 2 from outside watmm. The judging results were all very different, and so it was challenging to incorporate 5 different opinions and make one tracklist. I think I got everyone's favourites into the album, and the order of tracks is very solid.

I'd like to give special thanks to Zephyr Nova for doing the mastering and to slightlydrybeans for doing the album art (and the animated album cover, and for doing individual track art). They both volunteered a lot of time and the results are great. I'm particularly happy about the album art, because, as far as I know, this is a new thing for a watmm compilation. It also looks great.

Also thanks to everyone who submitted a track.

As with the Christmas album, I put this on bandcamp as a "name your price" purchase. Since this is not my own work, please do not pay for the album. Just plug $0 in when downloading. I put it as a "name your price" album because there is a limit of 200 free downloads a month. If that is used up (which I'm not expecting--July's almost finished anyway) you can download it by paying a penny or whatever.

Also, this album is under the Creative Commons Attribution licence. So feel free to sample or re-upload as long as you credit the original source.

PS: I also took this opportunity to rename the Christmas album from "North Face on the North Pole" to "A Very WATMM Christmas, 2011". I'd like to do more Christmas albums, and I didn't want to set the precedent of having to come up with a lame IDM/Christmas pun every year.

Happy listening!

Archived