IGNORED

2012 presidential debates

jules

Awe? Where are you?

Also, if I put my tinfoil cap on, I could consider the following: to what extent would it be possible if Paki/ganistan give the arrested Taliban a fair trial? And besides giving them a fair trial, what would imprisoning those people cost those governments and the people surrounding these prisons? At least, to the extent there actually is a functioning government (which isn't really the case in Afghanistan, or even Jemen). Would it be safe for those countries to put them in a prison?

Maybe, just maybe it's also in those countries interests to put a droned crosshair over their names. I know your moral objections, but the endless "the way the world looks at the US because of GITMO/drones" might be taken with a slight grain of salt. (The grain of salt thing might be a typical Dutch proverb..?)

And maybe it would even be in the interest of the suspects if they actually were imprisoned in GITMO. (How about that?).

In my most cynical point of view, there is a lot of (international) political will to drone the hell out of these mountains. Despite international law. You could say that is one of the lessons learned from GITMO.

Again, I understand your moral objections.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived