IGNORED

Windows 8 Touch Screen Tablets/Laptops - music possibilities

awepittance

Usine is mainly what i was referring to. Admittedly Fruity is just a really good touch 'patch' so to speak on previously mouse integrated GUI design. It works great though, you might be really surprised just how smooth they got it to operate. If i used fruityloops as my primary DAw it would have been a huge game changer for me and given me a much more expressive way to make music directly on a computer with no extra tools or controllers.

but yes, your idea of having a huge touch screen and Usine running on Windows 8 would essentially do the same thing lemur would but more options and power. A laptop is a neat idea, but a giant touch screen running on a fully pimped out tower computer would be absolutely ridiculous. That's pretty much what i'm going to do as soon as Reaktor implements multi touch. I can't imagine sitting here right now a cooler new way to music music than that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lenovo has this new 27" touch centered thing..

https://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/ideacentre/horizon-series/horizon-27/?redir=y

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/lenovo-ideacentre-horizon-27/4505-3118_7-35561100.html

right now, Usine Hollyhock(RC) isn't quite there. i'm having some issues with the new UX approach and the overall resource management. well, we will see..

wow a 27" touch screen tablet pc, that's pretty amazing. I'll have to see one of these in action. 20 lbs seems on the heavy side but i suppose something that big isn't meant to be portable anyways.

what i was originally thinking was just a monitor, but one of these compact computer setups. Just from a budget standpoint it would be cheaper to just build a really powerful PC and buy a separate touch screen monitor

i also have a laptop with an additional touch screen( in a hardcase), but thats not ideal, cos you will always have certain issues with the 2 screen setup. i would rather go for something like this(idea center), and really take it on stage to perform. with the horizontal stack thing in usine, you could build hugh setups..and from what i have read in the usine forum, usine 6 aka. hollyhock will have some sort of remote app..

lately lenovo has developed some rather useful products, like the ideapad y500 with it's optional ultrabay SLI graphic card. so if you have graphic heavy workflows like "gaming" or some real time visuals stuff, you could plug in the 2nd adapter and have some serious GPU power...or just the one for everyday things with a decent portability-to-battery-ratio.

Archived