IGNORED

BCR2000 midi learn is acting strange

luke viia

Hey EKT --

So I might just be a damn fool here, but my BCR2000 is not mapping midi parameters (from vsts) the way it should be -- here's what's happening.

In Ableton, I load a VST, and then on the BCR, I select 'learn', move the knob I'd like to have learn something, and then send some midi in from the vst. This part works fine, the BCR learns what it should, and all is merry. BUT! Now, if I do the same thing again with a different knob, the new knob will learn its command...and now both knobs will respond to the new parameter, and the first knob will no longer control its parameter. When I twist one knob, the LED lights on both (or more, depending on how many times I do this) will follow as well, and only the most recent learned parameter actually changes.

Anybody know WTF is going on here? Any help is appreciated... I'd like to have my stuff all set up by tomorrow, so I'll be around all afternoon to mess with this nonsense.

I'm basically having the exact same issue as this person (except my BCR doesn't give a 'bad' signal first), but they got no answers, so thought I'd try here.

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. Midi has never been my favorite part about making music. =P

Archived