IGNORED

pinkish february music

gritbox

Guest waveformblue

Not a bad start. I like the comped drums yet I'm not diggin' the distortion. That's deliberate, right ?

Yeah, it's a nice start. Unlike many of the songs in YLC, the structure and organization is pretty nice. It flows well, a bit simple but it works. It could definitely be longer if you wanted it to be, but I'm a fan of short tracks; I'd at least make it slightly longer to accommodate for a better ending.

It definitely needs some EQ/Compression though. It all sounds a bit muffled; while this is probably partially on porpoise and you should definitely keep it, the drums aren't pronounced enough. It sounds like you put the whole thing through a bitcrusher or some other form of distortion; I actually like that, although you might want to pull the drums out of it to bring out the snare and hi-hat. Maybe I'm totally bullshitting here since sometimes distorting/bitcrushing your drums actually makes the highs sound really nice, but it sounds like you overdid it a bit. Maybe you didn't even do that and I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I think the snare could definitely use to be brighter, more punchy. Not louder necessarily, I can definitely hear the drums, they just sound muted.

In fact, the whole production could be more pronounced; it's hard to do that without removing that "muffled" aesthetic, but the parts aren't distinguishable enough.

(If I'm giving bad advice someone call me out on it, I really don't know that much what I'm doing lol)

I really like the sound of the synths; very Bibio. Overall it's a really neat track. I've listened to it several times, very enjoyable and relaxing. Dreamy and chill.

Guest active galaxies

This is promising, and sounds like the first part of something really cool. with some lovely delicate textures below the surface.

Gmanyo talks a lot of sense above, in addition to his points, I'd ask whether you might be rolling off some of higher frequencies too much (eg with LP filtering), this might be contributing to the slightly boxy feel to the mix.

Archived