IGNORED

Recodd - Brave Milou EP

tttom

Just uploaded my last EP for free download on bandcamp.

Got quite a bunch of good feedback when it got fakely uploaded as a new Aphex Twin track.

Good way to get honest feedback anyway, it was interesting to read about it through that stupid hoax.

Anyway, now the EP is ready with 3 other tracks and you guys can get it on bandcamp for free:

http://recodd.bandcamp.com/album/brave-milou-ep

Was some hard work, so I hope it'll please some here :happy:

Cheers

Thanks! It's fairly simple really. All software, I sequence everything in Live, make most of my own beats, even if I don't mind a drum machine hit here and there; don't use any synth presets. As for the synths go, Aalto plays a big role in the process (as much for melodies as for beats), as well as Surge and sometimes some Operator. A typical track barely has other synths.

I used to be an effect chain nerd, but now it's mostly just reverb (from valhalla :D ), delay, and a bit of processing (that is compressing and eq, but very very very lightly).

Thanks for the interest!

Guest sonicset

nice tracks there. i m by no means a professional, so take my remarks with a grain of salt:

- some of the synths you choose sound too light/mellow, which doesnt fit well with compressed drums

- many times the sounds are muffled on top of each other, which doesnt give variation/progression

Pristine production. A great flow to the tacks, very aphexy but I guess thats a genre now rather than an imitation. really liked it.

nice tracks there. i m by no means a professional, so take my remarks with a grain of salt:

- some of the synths you choose sound too light/mellow, which doesnt fit well with compressed drums

- many times the sounds are muffled on top of each other, which doesnt give variation/progression

explain with track titles and time stamps please

Hey, thanks everyone for the encouraging comments!

@sonicset: thanks for the comments, when you say the sounds are muffled on top of each other, do you mean in terms of mixing and usage of the spectral space, or the way the notes are kind of intricately mixed, spaghetti-style? if option 2 then it's voluntary.

As for the first remark, I know what you mean, but it's kind of a choice too, and drums are almost not compressed actually. But yeah, I guess they are way rougher than the melodies, but it's a kind of contrast I like.

Archived