IGNORED

(Shared) music in the workplace...

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Mirezzi

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/magazine/the-revolution-will-not-be-spotified

This article was written by a friend and I thought it was worth sharing with WATMMERS, especially those of you, like myself, working in a digital agency of some variety.

To understand the way free societies have risen and crumbled over the last 2,500 years, you should probably read Cicero, Polybius and Machiavelli. For a harrowing, 45-minute Cliffs Notes, though, Luke Baumgarten suggests you try democratizing the music piped through your office speakers.

When you arrive in October, revolution is already percolating.

Your new coworkers have heard that one Metric song so many times that they talk openly about a violent overthrow of the sound system. That Adele joint, too, gets way more play than it should, no matter what Pandora station you put on.

Skrillex. Sleigh Bells. Poliça. Groban. Doesnt matter.

One of these coworkers walks around, railing to whomever will listen, about the tyranny of this technology. If he has to hear Pumped Up Kicks one more time... Well, he doesnt know what hell do.

It's an interesting problem. Surely there could be a system that can find a common musical ground on the workfloor while minimising friction. I don't think a little friction is bad depending on the kind of culture your workfloor has though. The Soundrop system is a good step in the right direction but further efforts could be made I think. But maybe that's my Belgian blood longing for another complex democratic system.

Stickers or labels are use for a multiplicity of purpose in day to day existence. Whether you require stickers or tags for individual or official reason, it can show to be very useful and beneficial.

http://www.emanprinting.com/sticker-printing/Sticker-Maker.php

Discount Stickers Printing

Sticker Labels Company

1366796166511.gif

What kind of a workplace uses pandora? Here they just put on the shittiest radiostation they can find and I get to hear Pink and Rihanna all day.

Archived