IGNORED

Drilly harmonic stuff

Bitraete

I like the s&h cutup organ effect quite a bit! I'd be tempted to try to 'declick' the high sample cut snaps near the beginning as it pulls the curtain for me instead of just enjoying the sound. The beat is good, but a little too straightforward. I tended to hear some breaks somewhat mimicking the organ cuts with variations on the hits. And maybe have a sudden change in timbre to the organ three quarters in to keep the suspense.

I like the s&h cutup organ effect quite a bit! I'd be tempted to try to 'declick' the high sample cut snaps near the beginning as it pulls the curtain for me instead of just enjoying the sound. The beat is good, but a little too straightforward. I tended to hear some breaks somewhat mimicking the organ cuts with variations on the hits. And maybe have a sudden change in timbre to the organ three quarters in to keep the suspense.

Thanks for the feedback! I cheated a bit, this track isn't a "latest creation", I just happened never to show it to anyone. Made it back in 2009, and I have to agree that the beat is too straightforward for my liking. If I were to do it again, I'd definitely "declick" the sound and put more work into the beat. Your idea for adding in a sudden change for suspense could as well probably make it more enjoyable! :)

Just listening to your stuff album now, you have a thread for it where I can post feedback?

this time stretched rhythm fits quite well, i like it alot, the harmonic stuff is also very nice :)

it's quite repetetiv, i'd like some sort of turning point or break, it's evolving but not really into something new

anyway, nice work man !
cheers

Archived