IGNORED

soul drifting

Just came up with this tonite. It's the slowest song i've recorded recently at 91 bpm, it's also my favorite. like last time, this one is unfinished (sorry), i've got many more idea's for this song. I'm really just looking for any kind of comments as to what sounds good/what doesn't, before I dig back into it tomorrow. I'm going to put some good time into this one, and I'll post it again when it's complete. hope you like it.

www.myspace.com/gelcap

soul drifting (working title)

it is a slow song but gets too busy at parts. the little guitar solo sample needs some tweaking but i bet after you polish this one out it will be a great track like the last one.

i agree, it does get busy at parts, and i think i might take out that 303 line. i love the guitar sample, most of the track is going to be that sample loop with a baseline, and lots of subtle percussion changes.

Guest Promo

Not sure about that 2nd sample guitar riff at all. I quite like the string synth. Yeah it sounds messy and blantantly off key around the 2nd guitar sample (I'm assuming you were aiming for that). Don't think the acid line added too much to be honest. I think you need to work on giving the guitar samples more variation and humanising them as they tend to feel kinda rigid and boring after a while. I kinda get the impression that you were trying to stuff some acid in the track just for the sake of it. Yeah the off key kinda sickness feel reminded me a hell of a lot of a solo album by Daevid Allen (of Gong fame) which has to have some of quesiest fuckin tracks ever put to record ... really nasty headfuk shit. Yeah overall a weird ass disturbing track, which although emotional effected me, I don't think I'd want to experience too often again as it was pretty unsettling. :laughing:

Not sure about that 2nd sample guitar riff at all. I quite like the string synth. Yeah it sounds messy and blantantly off key around the 2nd guitar sample (I'm assuming you were aiming for that). Don't think the acid line added too much to be honest. I think you need to work on giving the guitar samples more variation and humanising them as they tend to feel kinda rigid and boring after a while. I kinda get the impression that you were trying to stuff some acid in the track just for the sake of it. Yeah the off key kinda sickness feel reminded me a hell of a lot of a solo album by Daevid Allen (of Gong fame) which has to have some of quesiest fuckin tracks ever put to record ... really nasty headfuk shit. Yeah overall a weird ass disturbing track, which although emotional effected me, I don't think I'd want to experience too often again as it was pretty unsettling. :laughing:

it was unsettling? the melodies? the rough sound?

maybe i'm fucked in the head,....i thought this was a relaxing song...

the guitar loop is extremely errie i will admit. after all, it is by john frusciante(rhcp guitar player) fucked up on heroine, and according to the man hismself, the whole record (he made during their split in the early 90's) was made by "spirits playing through him". exellent.

thanks for the words, and for taking the time to listen. it's very much appreiciated.

anyway, i posted a second take called "heroine_acid"(couldn't think of anything alse..).

Archived