IGNORED

Dayvan Cowboy used in MTV commercial

Morpheus

why are you disappointed?

don't they deserve to make a living off their music? or do you covet the music only for fans like yourself?

No, I think they definitely deserve to make a living off their music, it's not like I am outraged or anything. For anything other commercial, I wouldn't really care (probably pleasantly suprised). But with MTV, it seems like once MTV gets the rights to play a video, they can use the music in all the other stuff they want (shows, commercials, etc.). I guess I just assumed that they didn't get direct permission from BOC. As for it exposing it to new fans, that would be great but I don't think that's going to happen. Chances are, they would be paying more attention to the commercial than its music (let's face it, BOC's music isn't exactly "catchy"). I didn't mean to come off as some musical elitist.

Guest Shockerbrown
I saw a commercial for this show (MTV - Fast Inc.) on MTV, with Dayvan Cowboy playing in the background. I am kind of dissappointed to see BOC's music be used like this. Anyone else see this?

nah, doesn't really matter. boc is the perfect background music. btw, 2 years ago boc was already on mtv with tracks like turquoise hexagon sun etc. but what the fuck, it's just some background music. most people will never notice that they're listening to boc.

Guest BunnyRabbit

I sometimes hear background music and then end up busting a gut to find out what it is. So it can be a good way of getting people to hear your music. It's not like it's advertising car insurance or something is it?

Archived