IGNORED

grasshoppa - thinking of you

Guest Eggylips

Guest unlimited  cock

Bit of a epic one, I kind of never wanted it to end as you probably guess...

Probably my best beat fuckery to date as the track goes on, anyway, enjoy!

quality mindfuck, sounds like Xanopticon jamming with Arvo Part.. rhythms are a little simple/repetetive at times though and the hihats are kinda harsh, not too harsh but a little too obvious and piercing, yknow.. pretty fucking sick effort overall.. i love the cohesive sound it has, it really draws you in..

Guest unlimited  cock

cheers!!!!!! yeah it was looped for about 7 hours yesterday, it drew me in alot unlike much I made before...

now the template has been made for that, the next batch of more refined stuff will be comming.

thanks for listens

Guest test pattern

hmmm...i really like all the sounds u use (not just in this track)....to begin, the only problem i had with the track is twofold : 1st the drums got too repetitive (i felt shit should have gone 1/2 time kinda like the exploding psychology to give the tune a real groove) 2nd there seemed to be a lot of sounds covering the midrange, but there wasnt very much bass. as a whole the track worked out pretty well (the complexity kept me intrested without making me go 'this is too much of a headfuck w/o any reward) i think the sound palette u use is great, but maybe could use some variation within the track (it seems every instrument is some type of drone) so maybe a instrument or 2 w/ faster attack n release....it would give a stronger melodic feel to the track rather than slowly changing tone colors...really like the speed change near the end...also are your drums synthesized or samples?

Guest vodor

I'd really like a big fat kick to beat all that skittery stuff down and keep it together. Whatever bassy elements exist in the percussion seem to get lost and have no real effect. It really is begging for some deep bass.

I didn't find the percussion repetitive really, as others mentioned. I just wanted a large, slower-paced kick to mark changes in the skitter, or something.

But yeah, good stuff and great ambient melody.

Guest yan_g of course!

IRAIL : the best stuff i heard from you, the vibe is there, it's got intensity, it's dense, like the sequencing, like the sounds, like the pads. 3:15 i'm starting to hope some real change in the vibe/mood... 5:25, that change appears. very good btw. love all that tempo/speed mess. who were u thinking about? disappointing end.

to sum up: well to me sounds all very well produced, it only lacks of variety for a track that long, some different melodies, some different sounds, contrasts, i dunno... 2:40 was the perfect time for changing the fundamental. © imho

Guest mushroom

Yeah, there's not much to hold the beat together. Like vodor said, a kick or something.

It just all seems to be building up to something, but that something never really appears. Really too long for such a lack of "closure," I guess.

Nice start, though.

i think it could be shorter. or if you keep the same length, consider adding some counter melodies. that said, i very much enjoyed this. great mood. i like when the beats get a bit spaced out, choppy. nice work as always.

Guest unlimited  cock
your drums synthesized or samples?

a mixture :)

who were u thinking about? disappointing end.

you answered your own question ;)

thanks for the words folks, taken on board and shites!!

So far sounds like a more polished grasshoppa style that I'm used to. As usual the drumming is relentless. I like the melody you have on this one more than a lot of your other tracks, but it's still not a thick enough texture in that department for my taste. Great drum tone work as usual.

Also as usual, I can't really deal with the track being so UP the whole time... there are cuts in the drum track sure, and the backing ambient type synths going on, but... hey, it's starting to slow down! Fuckin fantastic... that's great. My fav track of yours so far.... still needs more harmonics though ;)

Archived