IGNORED

Techno!

flacid

1st attempt at making some 'darker' techno tracks with weird drum loops over the last week or so, check em out.

https://soundcloud.com/srvll/sets/modern-techno-002-1

And in case you want some real music...

Hm, I think you have the basics for a techno track, but it needs some kind of hook that makes you want to continue to listen. The background ambience has such a strong presence, so you could easily filter it out at one point (low pass/bypass) and add some stabs. It's pretty easy to fit a stab "melody" on top of what you've already got.

Btw. I couldn't tell if the ambience was supposed to disort or if that was a mistake?

Listening to #1.1 now and I like this a lot better. It has a more interesting structure that makes me want to listen to what comes next

Thanks for listening dude. I changed 1.3 to the first track as it had the most listens on Soundcloud... Switched back now. I agree that 1.3 doesn't really have a hook but I enjoyed making the track at the time and was happy with its minimalism. Totally agree that in order for people to want to listen it has to be more interesting though. I might go back to edit the background/ambient level and add a synth/stabbing melody where it makes sense. I need to learn to hold back on the distortion and detuning stuff, I just like weird sounds but can appreciate it might not be useful/listenable/popular.

Cheers for the advice, much appreciated! Just checked out your tracks, great quality, particularly like Dub Cradle.

I'm trying to figure out what what kind of filter(s) you applied to the drums. That layered squeak is really interesting. Nice work.

I'm trying to figure out what what kind of filter(s) you applied to the drums. That layered squeak is really interesting. Nice work.

No real filters on the drums, cheers for listening!

Archived