IGNORED

JOJO

Tb-303

Korg Kaoss pad [i found out how to turn the midi clock on after 2 months of giving up]

tr-606

tr-707 acting as the Midi/dsync slave

im not sure about the levels so get back to me on that tip.

but apart from that i hope you can enjoy!

Jojo

yeah your right.

my 606 has been playing up today. and i totally agree about the bad mix... if anything i guess it might of been an experiement, since i got my sync working on the kaoss pad.

-

but your AMAZINGLY uncouth calling me a 'stoned brittish fuck face' .. since you dont even know me its a fucking a pointless critisism to make about me personaly. so fuck right off.

Guest Analogue Wings
shit mix, to do that with cheap synth hats you need to get them under control first, pointless track, there's more to acid than style and there's more to style than gear

you sound like some stoned British fuckface lazily dicking around with old fad gear, basicaly like nearly every other acid producer

listen to Ardisson's December 2005 mix to hear what the gear can do when the person in control actually has some semblance of taste and personality

http://ardisson.net/ardisson_december_2005mix.mp3

Cunt

, to do that with cheap synth hats

it was a cymble marked as 'cy' on the tr-606. not hats

i am NOT a stoner.

i dont take you seriously at all. in matter of fact you make too many shitty depressed goth posts to take you seriously. if your gonan crtisise at least do it constructively.

Guest Analogue Wings

Hey Chris,

I DLed your mp3 album with admittedly low expectations and I've been playing it for a week!

You must have polished / worked on some of the tracks since you posted them on YLC????

Whatever, it really works as an album and there's a classy "electronic music" edge to the acid I hadnt noticed in your stuff before.

I like the JoJo track too, but the mix is a but average.

Can I suggest getting a cheap Analogue Delay guitar pedal (I think Nobels is the cheap brand in the UK) for mega fun with your 303.

Guest AlexPallas
Hey Chris,

I DLed your mp3 album with admittedly low expectations and I've been playing it for a week!

You must have polished / worked on some of the tracks since you posted them on YLC????

Whatever, it really works as an album and there's a classy "electronic music" edge to the acid I hadnt noticed in your stuff before.

Can I suggest getting a cheap Analogue Delay guitar pedal (I think Nobels is the cheap brand in the UK) for mega fun with your 303.

303 express? thought it was rad, a little light, but still really rad

Hey Chris,

was that the 303 express one? some of that stuff is well pointy mostly piss arounds snd experiments,.. all the early acid tracks.. and i didnt work on any tracks i dont think.. chris moss drum n bass v2 is longer and in a diffrent key... the reason behind releasing that download was to finally put some tracks in a folder. rather then let them sit in my "acid stuff" folder forever.. i still have loads of stuff sat there.. maybe a another one soon?

i agree with the carry on about the mix for jojo i recorded it live into my laptop and somehow it came up all left sided, so i had to make it semi mono :w00t: which lost all the space in the mix..

delay

maybe, but i was just checking out the koass pad delay with the midi sync tempo thing.. maybe when i get some spare cash i'll invest in a nice analouge rack delay.

Guest Analogue Wings
delay

maybe, but i was just checking out the koass pad delay with the midi sync tempo thing.. maybe when i get some spare cash i'll invest in a nice analouge rack delay.

I have pedal analogue delays and a supar 1337 rack one (Ibanez AD-3000), and while there's definitely a difference in the amount of "polish" you can get, you get 90% of the same analogue delay "coolness" from a pedal.

delay

I have pedal analogue delays and a supar 1337 rack one (Ibanez AD-3000), and while there's definitely a difference in the amount of "polish" you can get, you get 90% of the same analogue delay "coolness" from a pedal.

the Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man and Stereo Memory Man. Both reissued, both still analogue. worth looking into?

Guest Analogue Wings

delay

the Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man and Stereo Memory Man. Both reissued, both still analogue. worth looking into?

I've never used them, but they are sposed to be sweet. Guided By Voices used one all over their vocals and snare drum etc, and those recordings sound great.

I'm an Ibanez man myself, but I can also recommend the Boss DM-2 and DM-3 as nearly as good.

Beware, the "stereo" Memory Man is only stereo because it has chorus after the delay. Chorus is a cool effect for synths to be sure, but it will take a lot of the edge off a 303, so maybe not the one for you.

Like I say, you can get brand new analogue delays in plastic Boss-copy cases for like 40 quid. Ask Mosca, he probably sells them. Cheap way to see if you like the effect enough to invest more.

delay

I've never used them, but they are sposed to be sweet. Guided By Voices used one all over their vocals and snare drum etc, and those recordings sound great.

I'm an Ibanez man myself, but I can also recommend the Boss DM-2 and DM-3 as nearly as good.

Beware, the "stereo" Memory Man is only stereo because it has chorus after the delay. Chorus is a cool effect for synths to be sure, but it will take a lot of the edge off a 303, so maybe not the one for you.

Like I say, you can get brand new analogue delays in plastic Boss-copy cases for like 40 quid. Ask Mosca, he probably sells them. Cheap way to see if you like the effect enough to invest more.

wicked thanks for the dely tip, i'll check it out when i got some cashio in the old pocket.

Guest fufwhat?

yeah this is pretty good, what i dont like is you labelling kit as if we're supposed to bow down automatically because you have the hardware but rarely know how to use it efficiently ...like its fucking trump cards, a good tune is a good tune... this gets a 7 from me, not a put down, but less of the fanboy kitlisting wank fest. I liked your lp

Guest Analogue Wings
yeah this is pretty good, what i dont like is you labelling kit as if we're supposed to bow down automatically because you have the hardware but rarely know how to use it efficiently ...like its fucking trump cards, a good tune is a good tune... this gets a 7 from me, not a put down, but less of the fanboy kitlisting wank fest. I liked your lp

Nah mate, EKT is the musicians' subforum, so listing your gear is totally cool. It's all about inspiring your fellow artistes.

do you have to have "issues" to post in this thread or something?

i really wouldn't have expected this kind of shitty adolescent attitude on here - i hope we're all grown up enough to mention what gear we're using

if you were here now i'd pile-drive my CS70m right into your face

Guest fufwhat?

fuck off non talented ass blasphemous, do i care, rim my ass.

remind me, what "issues" do I have? its merely a case of (re)presentation, why bother telling others what you used to make a track? if its good its good, if its shit its shit, fairly simple , hardly an ageist argument you dumb fuck...

Guest fufwhat?
fuck off non talented ass blasphemous, do i care, rim my ass.

remind me, what "issues" do I have? its merely a case of (re)presentation, why bother telling others what you used to make a track? if its good its good, if its shit its shit, fairly simple , hardly an ageist argument you dumb fuck...

how many other threads you see where designated poster states" I used a blah blah blah blah" who fucking cares, shit doesnt float...but chris is fairly talented so there you go.

Guest sinkfield

if you were here now i'd pile-drive my CS70m right into your face

wait!, lemme sample it first :fear:

about the track, im not really an acid fan, but this didnt sound half bad, cant comment about the mix cuz i listened to in shitty laptop speakers :/

ok ok.

thanks to everyone who had a listen, thanks everyone who liked it and thanks equally to everyone who didnt like it.

fufwhat? i always like to enclude what equipment i am using.. be it hard or soft ware.. and this is the music makers part of watmm so its for the music making crowd, if your not yourself a music maker, i'll start to put non music making text as well.

:flower:

Archived