IGNORED

PolyGlove lives...rough live run-through

TRiP

Yo gentlemen,

So for the past year and a bit myself and fellow band mate have been making music together, all hardware gear, trying to stay as analog as possible (the Machinedrum is the only bit of non-anal we have in this here song), trying to make some tasty tunes

We've built up a wealth of material, but haven't officially released anything - however hopefully by next week our first single release will be out, so running up to that we decided to put up a live recording we did on the fly - twas' the first take of a song we were in the process of writing so it's a bit messy and not properly mixed etc. but it's nice to be able to finally share something with people

So let us know you think, we haven't really shared our music with other musicians so would be happy to hear any and all thoughts on it :cisfor:

https://soundcloud.com/polyglove/rm13-rough-live-demo

That bassline overpowers it I think? Let the drums breathe a bit here and there. First things i noticed. Whats the gear?

Cheers for the thought! Perhaps we racked that bass up a tad' too much, I guess we were anticipating it for a live performance and wanted some wobbly loud bass in everyones face, but yea could dial it down a bit

Gear is:

Drums: Machinedrum

Lead: Moog Slim Phatty

Keys: Roland JX-3P

Bass: Moog Minotaur

Those pads come in nice most of the time. Other times they seem to drive away the other parts. I sorta agree with saltykraut, but only because the second oscillator comes in and creates this static-y overtone that is overpowering. Such is working with real analogue equipment though. Gotta take the good with the bad when laying down your first draft. IMHO, play with the mid and high ranges on the bass track.. enough to kill the static (and bring up the low range. I'm a bit of a basshead tho. Dunno really. I'm not a professional audio engineer or anything. So take my opinions with a little grain of salt :).

I love that ol' Moog twang.

Those pads come in nice most of the time. Other times they seem to drive away the other parts. I sorta agree with saltykraut, but only because the second oscillator comes in and creates this static-y overtone that is overpowering. Such is working with real analogue equipment though. Gotta take the good with the bad when laying down your first draft. IMHO, play with the mid and high ranges on the bass track.. enough to kill the static (and bring up the low range. I'm a bit of a basshead tho. Dunno really. I'm not a professional audio engineer or anything. So take my opinions with a little grain of salt :).

I love that ol' Moog twang.

Good point, we just got a new mixer and still havn't really EQ'd each instrument properly, so i'd say we could clean things up a good bit!

Archived