IGNORED

Reproductive Rights?

apriorion

hmm i stand almost embarrassingly corrected (i say almost because i think it being a fictional story designed to make fracking look bad is actually worse than it just being a documentary, imo. its basically just (a very blatant, from the plot description) propaganda as it is). ive looked at the wiki for that thing more than a few times but i guess i always skipped those top few paragraphs, and just assumed it was a documentary, due to all the talk of it being about fracking. but i dunno, i think it's pretty hard to separate that funding as being an intentional project to help UAE. they can say theyve produced other films all they want but there is a process of selection and they may have even sought this type of thing out from the beginning. and even if by some impossible means it was purely coincidental, it still falls under that 'conflict of interest' category where they probably should have excluded themselves from that particular film. it also falls under the 'probably pretty hypocritical' area since im sure the methods they use to get their oil over in the middle east arent super awesome for their local environment either.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived