IGNORED

A loud and manic tune

omnii

Is it too much? Not enough perhaps? I'd love to know what you think of this one, it's not like most of the music i make but i felt compelled to spend a couple weeks obsessing over it every waking minute so i hope it's good. I have no context anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's nice, but like the whole way through I found myself expecting it to go somewhere different (like for it to break into some mega beats). Obviously though you've spent ages obsessing over it so it must be what you want it to be, so I can really only say that I need to re-align my expectations and try and listen from a different perspective.

There's part of it that I really really like, but I'm not sure how to describe it. It's like part of the beat that continues throughout. I guess it zig zags and sounds like a snare, or a record scratch. Anyway, if you know what I mean, I really like that bit. It sounds very, um, cool. Like it's got a cool attitude. I guess very sort of "authentic" sounding too? Actually the whole thing sounds very authentic, whatever that means lol.

Thanks very much for your time and valuable feedback Bitraete!

The tracks on this record can be pretty repetitive, i like the way harsh repetition drills in to my brain and makes my eyes cross. I tried to keep the tracks brief so as not to be grueling. Instead of working breaks in to every song, i attempted to design the whole album to have natural breaks by the way it flows. I hope it works better in context.

Hearing that this sounds "authentic" is honestly one of the best things i could hope for. That made me really happy :)

Here is another one i'm thinking is done. I keep having the thought that i should load up the back half with a few more building layers but there is something cool to me about the way it reaches a plateau before you think it would.

https://soundcloud.com/dollarstore-keyboard/vault-static-1

Archived