IGNORED

Steve Stoll featuring Nina Kraviz - Breathe Out

psycho

https://psychonavigation.bandcamp.com/track/breathe-out-w-nina-kraviz

New album from Steve Stoll featuring collaborations with Mike Olsen (Arcade Fire) & Nina Kraviz
"Solo In Place" ............ the best place to mix this would be sitting in the middle of nature. so... some weeks later I discovered the perfect spot and found myself in a beautiful forest surrounded by lakes. with a laptop and some small speakers in front of me on a cool night I let the sound of the natural environment filter through my ears as I mixed down the tracks in real-time, letting the music blend in with the ambient sounds of life around me, sounds that no one would ever hear as they were just part of that moment I was in and not recorded. I would encourage listening to this album not as a background piece, but as an addition to the natural sound environment around us. S.Stoll, July 2014
Steve Stoll is an American Techno/Electronic music artist from New York city. He is the owner of the underground label Proper n.y.c. which he founded in 1994. Over the years steve has colloborated with the likes of Patrick Codneys (Front 242), Pete Namlook, Ken Ishii, and Damon Wild, to name a few.
He has remixed everyone from Hardfloor to Gary Numan, and continues his techno exploration to this day by finding inspiration in the originators of electronic sound, firmly rooted in modular analog synthesis, his own one-off circuit designs, and strict philosopy of mixing tracks live without overdubs.
Solo In Place is the follow up to last years highly praised ‘Praxis’ album.
The album features collaborations with Mike Olsen – Cello player for renowned band Arcade Fire.
DJ / Producer Nina Kraviz contributes spoken word poetry on ‘Breathe Out’ & Fountains Of You’
In his own words Steve says : It’s meant to be a kind of meditation piece, I mixed most of it literally sitting out in a forest at night, the volume of my mixing let me hear all the insects, trees and critters around me, perhaps a heightened sense of hearing since it was so quiet. I was drawing on a lot of Eno concepts of amplitude of music as well.
releases 19 January 2015

• 1 month later...

Archived