IGNORED

Faraway

Thiefinger

I started out trying out the NI's christmas freebie, Replika delay on some chords on cubase. Just basic stuff. Then I just randomly changed some chords around in the next pattern, but tried to keep them somewhat in relation to the previous chords, if that makes any sense.

I can't remember clearly what chords I used, but basic A minor7 - Gadd9 - Fmaj9 -stuff + some weird chord here and there like G#maj7, Ebmaj7.. I quess. They sound kinda nice in relation to those basic chords.

I always like adding 7ths and 9ths to my chords.

Random stuff sometimes works. Just change some part of the chord progression a couple of steps off on the piano roll and see what happens.

It's pretty random for me anyways, because I end up sampling my own stuff on Maschine and playing it on the pads in a new way. Or at least that's what I do with the basic tracks and structure. Melodies + extra drums and other stuff is added on top of that later.

I don't feel like i'm making any sense here trying to explain this.. :cerious:

Archived