IGNORED

Your Favorite BOC Album

tarsier888

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boc maxima

pretty much equal quality wise imo to mhtrtc but the tracks just flow so well together. most coherent album evar

That's funny as I picked Maxima for the opposite reason: I don't think it flows very well at all - check the transition from Sixtyniner to Red Moss for example - but it's almost a "greatest hits" package of their early work.

boc maxima

pretty much equal quality wise imo to mhtrtc but the tracks just flow so well together. most coherent album evar

That's funny as I picked Maxima for the opposite reason: I don't think it flows very well at all - check the transition from Sixtyniner to Red Moss for example - but it's almost a "greatest hits" package of their early work.

hmm, yeah i dunno. i do think it's right what you said about greatest hits of old work. one reason why i like it so much

Guest chromakey_dreamcoat

I never really heard Boc Maxima but the sound quality disappoints me.

Guest i.boc'd.ur.mom

You're missing the fuck out, DL it STAT. There are great copies out there at 320 kbps, plus Whitewater is one of their greatest tracks.

Guest wolf

i like the shorts at the end of certain MHTRTC tracks -- triangles & rhombuses -- kaini industries ..

.. and the rhizoid/rising-mind feel of some Geogaddi tracks too -- beach at redpoint -- dawn chorus ..

.. as well as the yellowed-nature-tape feel of both -- wildlife analysis -- dandelion

.. but they gave me a sticker w/ TCH . so i'll have to go w/ TCH

Guest chromakey_dreamcoat

You're missing the fuck out, DL it STAT. There are great copies out there at 320 kbps, plus Whitewater is one of their greatest tracks.

Yeah, I have the 320 kbps tracks.

Nevermind. :ermm:

Guest i.boc'd.ur.mom

Yeah, I have the 320 kbps tracks.

Nevermind. :ermm:

I see we have this cleared up then :grin:.

Id just like to say:

MHTRTC: opened my mind to boc, lovely stuff

IABPOITC: liked it but not as much as MHTRTC, but now I love it

GEOGADDI: dont really rate it, a turning point

TCH: their new direction and old stuff consolidated, amazing - my favourite

TCH: lright, might like it more in a months time

Guest cosmonaut
I have to agree with Cosmonaut, unfortunately. A real Boards of Canada fan must own all their ORIGINAL albums before considering their favourite tracks or albums. :rolleyes:

you're an idiot. where did i mention anything at all about owning original copies in order to judge favourites? i was responding to tarsier's elitism and trying (and failing) to address his incorrect belief that buying the albums used for a few dollars each on ebay is any different from downloading them on soulseek in the eyes of warp records and boards of canada.

I have to agree with Cosmonaut, unfortunately. A real Boards of Canada fan must own all their ORIGINAL albums before considering their favourite tracks or albums. :rolleyes:

you're an idiot. where did i mention anything at all about owning original copies in order to judge favourites? i was responding to tarsier's elitism and trying (and failing) to address his incorrect belief that buying the albums used for a few dollars each on ebay is any different from downloading them on soulseek in the eyes of warp records and boards of canada.

i never told you they were used =P

ebay doesn't just sell used stuff =D

and basically, i think if it is from a CD store, which sells music, doesn't the money go to BOC?

because i'm pretty sure a good amount of the CDs i got off ebay were from music stores and not just people :cool:

Guest lost cloud

geogaddi is the best album i never listened in my life, it's why i am there

may be it is the one I prefer from boc I don't know

A lot of people (there) prefer TCH!! :ermm:

what should acid memories and other "secret" stuff sounds like??

Guest twiddler

Yeah after a deep thinking process... Twoism is my favourite. It was the first thing I heard by them and it defined their sound for me. It has no children voices samples, no fancy programming and production, it's pretty rough, but also very sad and cold and distant. You don't get any direct statements - just melodies and fucked up textures, which you can interpret any way you like. It's an escape album - that's how I felt it the first time, and this is how i feel it now. I rarely listen to it, but the melodies are so stuck in my mind, they are always with me.

Maybe it's not for everyone, but for me it's perfect.

Guest Opoth
ahhh! i've been checking the mail box every day! it's like grandma death from donnie darko =P

i want geogaddi and mhtrtc!

I just don't think you'll be able to handle Geogaddi...

Guest lost cloud
Do you have all three old tunes leaks, lost cloud?

No I have only two of them I thought there was 2!

I had maxima too but I don't really remember how it sounds like. It's the same for hi scores. I am not a real big fan, I don't wanna catch all what they made, if it is "public" or not.

THose last albums are not the "main pieces" of boards of canada; but they are still very "tripping" of course

ahhh! i've been checking the mail box every day! it's like grandma death from donnie darko =P

you don't own two of the best albums of Boc? (I am only talking about "owning") I hope you have listened to them already many times, until that you have nothing to do there! :innocent: btw if you discover them for the first time you are lucky!

geogaddi is the best :smile:

Do you have all three old tunes leaks, lost cloud?

No I have only two of them I thought there was 2!

I had maxima too but I don't really remember how it sounds like. It's the same for hi scores. I am not a real big fan, I don't wanna catch all what they made, if it is "public" or not.

THose last albums are not the "main pieces" of boards of canada; but they are still very "tripping" of course

you don't own two of the best albums of Boc? (I am only talking about "owning") I hope you have listened to them already many times, until that you have nothing to do there! :innocent: btw if you discover them for the first time you are lucky!

geogaddi is the best :smile:

i ordered geogaddi and mhtrtc about 2 weeks ago or so, and it is supposed to be here now! i ordered twoism and beautiful place out in the country as well, about a week ago, annd i think i ordered..... another EP but, i forget which one it was. anyways they are all on their way and i should be getting a few this week.. i've been listening to 30 second samples every now and then, but i don't want to spoil it for myself. i'm planning on getting my friend over and listening to geogaddi in a dark room for the first time to see if we get creeped out atall :P

• 3 weeks later...

well now that i have the abpoitc and hi scores (still waiting for twoism) and mhtrtc and geogaddi i can say what my favorite album is.

my favorite album is..

*drum roll*

badadfadadadadadadada

.. i like them all the same. mhtrtc is brilliant, and geogaddi is brilliant. they are both amazing, i also love tch, which is also amazing.

i can't make up my mind yet even though i listen to them every single day :laughing:

there are actually a couple of things i don't like about these two albums, in pete standing alone the stupid loud moaning sound totally messes up the mood for me, and in geogaddi one of the songs reminds me too much of salad fingers and there are a few too many little intermission songs, even though i love them

i'm just going off about nothing right now so i guess i'll stop..... but if i had to choose one of the three albums i would probably pick mhtrtc, because of roygbiv, sixtyten, and aquarius :grin:

actually.. no.

screw it, i take it back

i can't make up my mind. :fear:

Archived