IGNORED

~Opinions wanted~

Guest Thisket

Guest thisket

Here are some recent songs I made. I like them a lot, but know that others won't. I'd love any opinions & advice.

Mirmir.

Possibly very good? Makes me think of NES.

Yellotoner.

Afternoony.

Dflhys.

Semi-ambient sappy sci-fi whoot.

Liquid Eyeliner.

Square-wave shredjam.

Thanks for looking. Thanks to Mr. Sisforawesome for hosting.

mirmir- a little too much cheese for my taste. The timbre's are a little boring, specifically the drums, which in fact have little going on at all. Didn't really like how the drums rhythmically followed that one synth pretty much exactly. I like the hat work that ccomes in around half way... It's hard to hear it though, I like a little distortion would go a long way on that. Otherwise, progression gets kind of stale after a while, really needs more variation on at least timbre's, if not melody. What is there, melodically, is good, but needs to develope into something else. It's just kind of there as it is.

yellotoner - Like the sounds on this one a l ittle better, though still not that deep. The drums again are just too simple for me to care about. Maybe I wouldn't care as much if I knew there was a reason for this, but from the sounds of all the other instruments it just sounds like you haven't really worked on the timbre's enough... an integral part of electronic music. Bass line is good, waiting for more to happen, as in the last track, but I have a feeling it won't happen. muting/unmuting tracks throughout the mix just doesn't do it for me. needs more interest.

Dflhys - this seems like it might turn out better.. the drums have more thought in them in the beginning 5 seconds than the other two tracks combined. Waiting for something to happen with the pads though. I'm liking the delayed thing coming in a bit, hope it doesn't stay the same the whole time. Pretty much same structure as the other two which gets a little boring.

liquid eyeliner - the drums again! do something with them. It seems to me like you're using reason and you've only just scratched the surface. Go dig deep in that program man! A lot of melodic material in here is good, nothing ever happens with it though! Mess around with some more automation and things. Make more happen with the drums! or leave them out completely. In fact I'm willing to bet I wouldn't liked these tracks twice as much if the boring drums weren't even in there.

Guest thisket

Thanks! I used hardware for these. I guess I have a like for simple drums. I try complicated ones some, but end up liking the plain ones better... :sad:

I'm obviously having trouble making tracks less repetitive... Thanks for your patience and listening!

Archived