IGNORED

talk about beginning synth

Guest Shining Rock

Guest Shining Rock

alot of people have made threads recently talking about hardware and i've been doing some research myself,

i'm looking to get a physical synth relatively soon, and have been studying brands/kinds/etc and i'm guessing i

want one with a set of keys on it, and in the price range of 600 max i would say, if anyone could help out i'd appreicate it!

do you want to sample it or compose whole tracks with it (multi-timbral) that's something you'd have to decide

what's your price range

do you want something modern (digital) or old (analog) ??

Guest test pattern

alesis ion....$600....multitimbral....great sounds.....lots of knobs....keys....can learn easily on it....BAM!

Guest man with no name
alot of people have made threads recently talking about hardware and i've been doing some research myself,

i'm looking to get a physical synth relatively soon, and have been studying brands/kinds/etc and i'm guessing i

want one with a set of keys on it, and in the price range of 600 max i would say, if anyone could help out i'd appreicate it!

i've got an alesis micron that im selling for $200 :nuke:

Guest Analogue Wings

Alesis Ion or Korg MicroKorg

If you want analogue, get a Roland Alpha Juno 2 or JX3-P off ebay

Guest Shining Rock

i'm looking for something modern (digital) i guess, but with maybe a little analog-ness or old warm quality to it,

price range is pretty low, 600 being max, the ion looks cool, but i've also been looking at this new roland sh-201, what are

you all's thoughts on it?

roland sh-201

Guest Mr. Modular

Don't buy the SH-201. And the synth doesn't have to be multitimbral, just get lots of them.

Don't buy the SH-201. And the synth doesn't have to be multitimbral, just get lots of them.

Get 10 MC-303's. Not really. For £600 though you could get loads of stuff - first off A Mixer. Get an old Mackie 1202 or something off Ebay for about £150, get something like a Casio CZ-101 for bass and leads and pads (They're about £35 - £50), get a TR-707 for about £60, a TR-505 for about £20 - £25, some effects (Zoom 1204 or something - about £60), a hard-disk recorder (Fostex DMT-8 or D80 or something - about £100 - £150), and maybe another synth, er....Korg Poly 800 (about £85) or Yamaha SY-35 (about £50 - £50) or Roland D-5 (also about £50) or something.

By my reckoning, that's £580. Fucking sorted with that lot.

P.S. obviously all that is off Ebay second hand....

Archived