IGNORED

Phyla Zen - Crying 6 Rend (IDM/Field Recording Experiment)

i wrote this last year and never really knew how to feel about it, but I'm playing it back for the first time since writing it and i think its good enough to share. Very dense and atmospheric, slightly drawn out as well.

https://soundcloud.com/phylazen/crying-6-rend

everything but the jolly synth is a field recording of some sort.

Concuring and all that.

Is that windscreen wipers or a printer as the main noise? Some wicked, weird sounds in here. Nice one.

Think you could definitely make a wicked synth out of the deeper/denser noise.

The hi hat in it is making me laugh as it seems too normal to be there.

Concuring and all that.

Is that windscreen wipers or a printer as the main noise? Some wicked, weird sounds in here. Nice one.

Think you could definitely make a wicked synth out of the deeper/denser noise.

The hi hat in it is making me laugh as it seems too normal to be there.

i really wish i still had the logic pro project this one was from cuz id love to do more with it.

most of the base rhythm is me beating on a cardboard box with my microphone inside of the box. i recorded a few minutes of air at the auto body repair shop i work at so randomly there are tiny snippets of ppl moving by the mic or things being cut on/off etc. That hi hat is actually the tick from a clock tho!

P much the rest is just sound design using what i had recorded and effecting them. stretching and what not

Archived