IGNORED

The State of Linux Audio 2015 And Beyond

maitake

My experience is that lower latency is easier to achieve on linux distros than Windows.. Can't speak for OSX. Just check out the RT/Low Lat kernels :)

iirc the rt patches for the kernel are heavily an x86/x86-64 architecture thing, not as well supported on powerpc. modey with an old g3 I'd be running OS 9 and music apps from that era, trying to get modern Linux music apps running on it will probably be more pain then gain

yeah, maybe you're right. someone wrote a super accurate protracker clone that is available for powerpc macs so I might just install that on it.

My experience is that lower latency is easier to achieve on linux distros than Windows.. Can't speak for OSX. Just check out the RT/Low Lat kernels :)

OSX is low latency out of the box, essentially. Can't really compete with that I guess!

yeah, maybe you're right. someone wrote a super accurate protracker clone that is available for powerpc macs so I might just install that on it.

OSX is low latency out of the box, essentially. Can't really compete with that I guess!

That's good to hear. Stubborn perhaps, but I still consider OSX a *nix OS :)

Archived